Chapter 14

Present time...

"And you broke Michelle's shoulders!" Anntonia yelled drunkenly at Max.

"It wasn't that hard!" Max said and tried to pull Anntonia to sit because the younger girl can't stay still.

Max knows that Anntonia already had her limit. The girl would laugh then cry all of a sudden. She too is defending herself from an incident that happened years ago. The one when she broke Michelle's shoulders during soccer practice.

"It was! I was cwying and Michelle, she... she's cwying also and I got mad at chu!" Anntonia slurred her words.

"And that's the day you told me that you don't want to see me anymore. When we were at the hospital" Max said sadly remembering that painful day.

"Because you were bad" Anntonia said and took a shot.

"I'm sorry" Max said seriously.

"I got scared. Very scared of you" Anntonia said and created a big gap with her arms.

"Sorry" Max cannot say anything more than that she's sorry.

Maybe the alcohol is already kicking in. The feeling of guilt is coming back to her like a childhood nightmare. If one knew Max too well, they cannot deny why she fell in love with this drunken girl. She's adorable as she is even when sober. Just enough to melt a frozen heart. Anntonia made her feel like a normal person, she's the only girl who managed to melt her cold façade.

Anntonia was so kind and pure.

'I don't understand why they call you a cold goddess You are so warm Max. I like you'

Anntonia's words 8 years ago were still written inside her heart.

"I was scared that you'll take me away from Michelle. I don't want that" Anntonia said that pulled her back into the reality.

Anntonia drinks another shot and she was crying already like a kid. Max tried to comfort Anntonia; the poor girl is already sobbing. Her head was slumped on the bar counter where they sat.

"She's going to propose to her girlfriend. And you're getting married. And Jane's got a girl and meeeh? I'm-"

"Drunk. You're drunk, Anntonia" someone said.

"who said that?! Who keeps saying that I'm drunk?  I'm not drunk!" Anntonia whined.

"because you are" Max said and gestured Jane not to interfere.

"am not! I still know you! You are Max Collins, that bitch from high school" Anntonia announced to the whole bar.

Everybody froze because of that sudden announcement. Gasps and whispers everywhere.

"Damn..." Cass said as she's forcing herself not to laugh at her cousin.

"Who's that girl?" Lovi, Max's fiancée asked.

"Someone that almost became my cousin-in-law" Cass answered.

"Max's ex?" Lovi asked.

"Nah. that's her first love" Cass said casually.

"What?! That's it I'm-" Lovi didn't even finished what she was about to say when Cass pulled her to stay.

"Let's just enjoy the little show" Cass said evilly and Lovi didn't even know why she's about to be a part of their family.