Chapter 2

Amara's pov:

Today is the day , I'm meeting him.

This week passes so quick. I stayed in my room crying all the time. And reading romantic book , knowing I will never get a love story like I want.

Getting up from my bed at 5 pm. I took a shower , did my hair and makeup , then put on my dress. It's black and plain with a x-neck.

"Amara are you done ?" Mom said as she walked in my room.

"Yes mama , just give me a second" I put on my jewelry then looked at her. I saw her with a sad smile on her face and teared eyes.

"Mama , it's okay" I said and went to hug her. 

It's not okay , at all.

"I wish I can help you , my love . But you know I can't. I can't believe I'm not going to see you anymore. ". She wiped her tears with a tissue.

"Mama don't say that , I'm not going anywhere! And I'll ask him if I can visit y'all at least twice a week. You know I can't live without you. And I'm gonna miss you , James , and Jake so much".

"We're gonna miss you too"

~~~

Arriving at the ball , we walked in and found our table. 

"Lorenzo and his son should be here in any minute, don't be grumpy and show them respect". Dad told me with a death stare.

I held mamas hand and she gave it a little squeeze.

"Smith !" We heard someone call dad.

"Oh Lorenzo ! How nice to see you again !" He shook his hand then they both looked at me , making me uncomfortable.

"So this is the princess who's marrying Damien?" Lorenzo questioned.

"Yes , there she is" dad said as he put a hand in my back and pushed me near Lorenzo.

"It's nice to meet you mr.Salvatore" I said and shook his hand.

"It's nice to meet you to dear, and just call me Lorenzo. No need for formalities. Damien should be here an any sec-"

"I'm here" said a voice from behind, which's Damien.

"There he is ! My son in law !" Dad said as he laughed and hugged Damien , who looked really uncomfortable.

"Nice seeing you again mr.Russo" he said with a small smile. Then he greeted my mother and brothers.

"So , Damien , this is your wife. Amara " Lorenzo said as he moved out of Damien's way.

Damien is much taller than me. He was wearing a black suit , his dark brown hair was perfectly pushed to the back with some strands falling down his forehead.

He stared at me right in the eyes , making me uncomfortable under his gaze. I quickly raised my hand to shake.

"Hello Damien".

No , embarrassment.

He kept looking at me but didn't say anything.

Rude

"Look both of you , after 10 minutes all announce the engagement on the stage. Then both of you will go up in the stage , act like a happily married couple. Got it ?" Lorenzo stated , looking at me and Damien.

"Okay" I said with a sigh.

"I'm going to get a drink" he mumbled then left. I turned my head to mama finding already looking at me.

"Mama , I don't like him" I whined . I'm literally about to cry.

"Shhh I know love , I know " she said and rubbed my back.

"Why the hell did that son of a bi-"

"James !" I whispered- yelled at James "his father is literally behind me !"

"Does it look like I care ? Let him hear , so he can know how disrespectful his son was to my baby sis" he said and hugged me.

~~~