Chapter 4

Amara's pov:

A week after the ball. I was spending it by just staying in my room and crying. Amelia brought me food but I couldn't eat. Then she talked to me and told me that I need to except my faith. And she's right.

I woke at 11 o'clock. Yes I overslept because I was crying my eyes out all night. And I hope it's the last time I cry.

I went downstairs , not actually knowing where I'm going. I walked to the hall and saw Amelia sweeping the living room floor.

"Good morning Amelia"

"Good morning dear , even though it's noon now".  She laughed.  "What do you want for breakfast?"

"No I don't feel like eating". I sat on the couch and laid my head on the armrest.

"Are you sick , sweetie?" She put the palm of her hand on my forehead and cheek.

"I'm okay. I'm just not hungry". I smiled.

We were interrupted by loud footsteps. I sat up then looked behind me and saw an unfamiliar man.

"Good morning to my favorite woman in the world!" The man shouted as he hugged Amelia.

"Oh , look who we have here". He glanced at me with a smirk.

"Hey , I'm Rhys. Damien's best friend and his right hand man"

"I'm Amara-"

"Oh no need to tell me , the whole world know you , love"

Umm okay ..

"Where's Damien ?" Amelia asked.

"He's busy , in his office"

~~~

"What ??!" Rhys yelled. I was telling him some drama that happened in high school.

Tea is tea , I don't care when it happened.

"See ? That's why I was mad ! She was literally being a bit-" I was cut off by someone clearing their throat. We turned around and saw Damien.

"Rhys , I told you not to talk to her". Damien said as he walked in the living room.

"Why bro ? She's nice". Rhys winked at me with a smirk. Making me giggle. "And we have something to gossip about , not like you"

"Or someone" I said with a wink.

"Rhys , go back to my office . These documents need to be done by tonight. "

"Okay. See you later , Amara". He said with a wink then left. Damien walked towards the sofa I'm sitting on and sat on the opposite side of me.

"I have a business trip to Spain next week , you're coming with me"

"Actually?!! Oh my god my dream came true !" I smiled so hard . Spain has been always my dream country, I always wanted to go there.

That's the perfect time to open a conversation, maybe it will make a difference in our relationship.

"You know since I was 12 I started learning Spanish, my mom took me to a-"

"Amara , I'm only here to tell you about the trip" he said getting up. "The tips is for 4 days". And with that , he left me alone.

"I- okay. I just wanted to open a conversation. " i mumbled to myself.

~~~

Sitting at the floor of my closet, at 12 am , I laid all my clothes that I'm packing for Spain on the floor. I spent the rest of my day alone. And after eating dinner, I read a book then here I am.

I thought about what happened that morning. I really want a good relationship with Damien. All my life I was reading those romantic books and wished to have a relationship like them , now I'm jealous from people who don't exist !

After packing , I felt really hungry. So I put my rope on and went to the kitchen. I opened the fridge and saw nothing to eat. When I was about to close it , I heard a cough , making me scream.

I turned around and saw Damien. But he's not in his suit like always , he's in a black shirt and grey sweatpants.

Hot

"What are you doing here ?" Her asked.

"I'm hungry , I was looking for some food. But there's nothing to eat. Or maybe I'm lazy to cook"   I chuckled. 

He walked up to the cabinet and took out a box of mac 'n  cheese. He also boil d some water.

I took out two plates and two forks , putting them in front of two chairs on the kitchen island . I walked to the fridge and took an orange juice bottle. I looked at Damien and saw him preparing the macaroni in a steel pot.

"Would you like something to drink?". He looked at me and said. "Sparkling water". I took out a can of sparkling water and put it on the table with the orange juice, next to our plates and forks. I sat on my chair eating for the mac'n cheese.

I couldn't help it but stare at Damien , mixing the food. His beautiful features , sharp jawline, green eyes , rosy lips. He's handsome.

He suddenly looked up at me , I immediately looked down at my lap , feeling embarrassed. He walked over and put the pot between us , then sat in front of me.

We put some of the macaroni in our plates and started eating. And when I tell you it was delicious...

"Damn Damien , this is really good"

"Thanks". He murmured while eating.

After moments of silence, I started to talk. "What's your favorite color?". He looked at me after taking a sip from his sparkling water.

"I don't have one"

"What ? Everyone has their favorite color! Mine is pink and yellow"

"Mhm". He he just continued eating.

"Do you want our marriage to work ? Like do you want us to be like any other happy couple? Hugging and kissing and flirting? Because that's what I'm trying to do" I said , getting a little mad.

"No , I don't want that. So stop trying"

"Okay but, I don't know if you know that but I always wanted a happy relationship"

"And I can't give you what you want". He simply answered, making my blood boil.

"And why is that ?!"

He put his fork down and looked at me. "Because I'm a mafia leader , I have a lot of enemies. If they found out that I love someone in my life , they will hurt them in many ways."

"I-I can defend myself !". My eyes started to tear. I hate it when I cry.

"No Amara , just no". He got up from his seat with his plate in his hand. He washed the plate then put it in its place. Then he walked away.

"Good night , Damien"

No answer.

~~~

Author's Note :

She seems obsessed with him right ? Don't worry because bad bitch Amara is coming babyyy