Chapter 19

Amara's pov:

I woke up at six thirty to get ready for work. I wore a pencil black skirt with a black bell-sleeve top. I put some makeup and wore my red heels. I put my phone and necessary stuff in my purse.

I walked in the living room and there was Damien , sitting on his chair , with a cup of coffee in his hand , and his computer in front of him.

I walked closer to him and put my hand on the back on his chair.

"I need a car"

"Good morning to you too, Amara. And where's your old one ?"

"Like you said , it's old. I want one from yours".

He sighed ."I can't say no , can't I ?". I let out a giggle and shook my head.

"Okay , eat your breakfast then we can go to the garage"

"No I'll get food from the cafe at the company"

"Okay then , let's go". He got up from his seat and started walking to the garage. He opened the door revealing more that fifteen cars.

"Choose whatever you want". I started walking around the place until I noticed a white Tesla. I looked at Damien and pointed at it.

"I want this one". He walked behind the car and took the key from a chain holder hanged on the wall.

"The key is a card. Keep it in your wallet". I took the 'key' from him and unlocked the car.  I sat in the driver seat and looked at Damien.

"Ooo , I love it !"

"I don't have a good feeling about this".

"Don't worry , I'm a good driver"

"Okay then , take me to work". He said as he walked to the passenger seat and settled in.

"Wait what ? No !"

"I'm lazy to drive today , and I want to see you drive"

"You have more than five drivers Damien !"

"You don't want to be late to work , so drive"

"Fine"

~~~

"Amara slow the fuck down ! We're not in a race !"

"Damien babe , just let me drive in peace"

"Peace ? You call this a peaceful drive ? You were literally about to hit a car just a minute ago! This is the last time I'm letting you drive"

"Mhm sure. Look , here we are , you're not injuring right ?"

"You are not driving again !"  He got out of the car and walked to the front door.

~~~

I walked out of the elevator and went straight to James's office. I knocked on the door then walked in. I saw a beautiful young woman sitting in front of his desk.

"Oh hello , am I interrupting ?"

"Amara !". James got up from his chair and hugged me.

"I missed you". He said and kissed my head.

"Me too". I looked at the woman and smiled at her. I put my hand out for her to shake.

"I'm Amara , his sister"

"I'm Diana , his girlfriend". She took my hand in hers and shook it.

"Girlfriend ? Why didn't you tell me?"

"Diana and I have been talking for two months, I asked her to be my girlfriend a week ago."

"Aww that's cute ! So when's the wedding ?". I joked , making them laugh.

"Anyways , I'll be in my office if you need anything." 

~~~

It's two and a half pm now and I'm finally done with all the work. I walked out of the elevator and headed to my car. I drove to Damien's working place. I parked my car and made my way inside the building.

I walked out of the elevator , I was just about to enter his office but his secretary stopped me.

"I'm sorry miss , you can't enter. Mr.Salvatore has a guest".

"Well Mr.Salvatore's wife. And he knows that I'm visiting him". I gave her a fake smile and walked in his office after knocking.

I walked in and I was surprised from his guest. It was his slutty childhood friend , from the ball in Spain.

"Oh hi ! You must remember me from the ball. I'm Samantha."

"Yes I do remember! I'm Amara". I walked up to Damien and wrapped my arm around his neck, pulling him towards me.

"Hey baby , I missed you". I kissed his cheek, making him hold his laugh. He wrapped an arm around my waist to continue my act.

"I'm leaving now , but we should talk more about the contract. It's really important for both of
us." Samantha said getting up.

"Of course". Damien answered.

"Alright I'll see you later !" She did that and left. Both Damien and I dropped our arms from each other.

"You know , I really hate your friend"

"She respects me , and that all I care about".

"Mhm , she just do that to get you". I rolled my eyes. As I was about to walk away , Damien pulled me into his lap.

"Jealous mrs.Salvatore ?" He said with a smirk , his hand rubbing my waist.

"No ! I just don't like her. And your secretary too , there's something about her that makes me want to punch her".

"Hmm sure". His hand made its way to my face , tucking my hair behind my ear. His fingers gently stroke my cheek , turning it pink.

"I want to talk to you about Sophie's school.". He said. I sat up on his lap and pug an arm around his neck.

"She's supposed to be in kindergarten right? She's four"

"Yes , but I don't know what's the best one for her."

"Let's search , we have time."

"Okay." He said , turning on his computer.

~~~