Chapter 17

Amara's pov:

It's 8 pm , and Sophie and I are having dinner. She wanted dino nuggets , but we made pasta. Why would a mafia boss have dino nuggets in his house ?

Damien walked in and sat in his seat. I put some pasta in his plate and he started eating.

"Danny , where do i sleep ?" Sophie asked , titling her head.

Danny ? Adorable.

"Do you want to sleep next to me ? Or with Amara ?"

"You !". She clapped her hand and giggled. Damien smiled at her then continued eating.

~~~

After one hour of trying to get Sophie to sleep , she finally slept. Damien laid her on his bed. And as soon as he did that , I pulled him out of his room and closed the door behind me.

We were so close that we could feel each other's breaths. His arm was on the door beside my head , supporting his body.

"What do you want ?"  I felt his breath fan my face. I squirm under his gaze.

"I wanna go back to my job"

"Why ?"

"Because I love it ! And I'm always bored here. If you want someone with Sophie then Amelia is here and maybe you can take her to school."

"Okay"

"Okay ?"  He nod his head.

"Thank you !"  I wrapped my arms around his neck. His arms made their way around my waist.

"You're welcome. Now let her you in bed".

Suddenly , he carried me in a bridal style and took me to my room. He was tickling my waist with his hand that's already around it , causing me to giggle all they way to my room.

He opened the door and threw me on my bed. He continued tickling me, I was laughing like crazy.

"D-Damien ! Stopp"

"Nope"

"P-please !! Enough!". He finally stopped. But I didn't stop laughing for five minutes. I wiped the tears off my eyes and looked at him. I saw his eyes on me , with a smile written on his face.

"Come here". I pulled him by his hand on top of me. Then I flipped us over, so I'm straddling him.

"I'm gonna torture you like you did to me !"

"You can't". He said , challenging me.

"And why not ?"

"Because I don't have a ticklish spot."

"Everyone has a ticklish spot, maybe you just don't know where , and we're about to find out"

"No Amara-". I tickled his neck , but he didn't move. Then his waist , nope. His foot , even if he's ticklish there , I'm not touching it.

I tickled his stomach, under his bellybutton. He flinched so hard , making me laugh.

"That's your ticklish spot !"

"Amara , don-". I ignored him and tickled his stomach. At first he was trying to half back his laugh , but then he let it out.

His laugh was the most beautiful sound I've ever heard.

And they way he smiled ... so precious.

The only thing I'm focused on is his smile and laugh. I want so see and hear them every day.

"What's wrong ?" He sat up with me still straddling him. He put his hands on my hips and rubbed them.

"Your laugh is beautiful. I need to hear it more". Those words came out of my mouth before I think.

He looked at me with a soft expression. "Well , I'm not sure about that"

"No , I want to hear you laugh more"

"Okay sure. Now go to sleep". He said and moved me out of his lap.

"Nooo , I'm not tired."

"Well , I am." He got up from my bed but I held his hand.

"Sleep here"

"No"

"Please ?" 

"No"

"Fine, give me a kiss and I'll let you go". I pointed at my cheek and smirked.

"Amara , no ".

"Then I won't let go".

I held his hand tighter. He finally gave up and bent over. He grabbed my chin with his free hand and pulled my face closer to him. He gave my cheek and slow kiss , then pulled away.

"Now let go". He said.

"Okayyy". I let go and he left me alone. I really wanted this night to last.

~~~