Chapter 20

Damien's pov:

We signed up for a kindergarten for Sophie and made a call with the principal. She didn't know who we are until I told her Sophie's last name. But that didn't change the way she treated us. And from that , I knew she's a good person.

She told us that we will get an email about the details. Sophie's first day is going to be next week. I paid for the school and got her clothes from the school warehouse.

I walked through the door with Amara and Sophie immediately greeted us with hugs and kisses. We took her to the living room to tell her about starting school.

"So , baby. We have something important to tell you". Amara said playing with Sophie's hair.

"Next week , you're gonna start school !" I said cheerfully.

"Yayyy !" Amara clapped her hands , Sophie joined her after seconds.

"I got you a uniform , a backpack , and your books. We just need to go to the store to get you other important stuff". I stated.

~~~

We bought everything that Sophie needs to school. From shoes and socks to hair ties. She also got some stuffed animals , we couldn't say no to her.

We also went to Ikea. We got the all the furniture I saw online for Sophie's room. After that , I took them to an eatery to have dinner.

When we got back home , both Amara and Sophie were sleepy. Amara went to her room and I put Sophie in her pajamas after Amelia gave her a bath.

I laid on my bed next to my sleeping baby. I pulled her on my chest and covered us with the blanket.

I kept thinking all night about how my life changed in less that six months. I'm married to a woman that I never knew , and I have a sister.

The way my behavior changed toward Amara is not good , at all. I'm starting to build a relationship with her, does that consider cheating on Kenzie ?

I love Kenzie with all my heart , and I don't think I'll stop loving her. Every time I look at our pictures, my heart ache , missing out days tougher.

I opened my phone and entered the photos album. I went to mine and Kenzie's folder , which is under the name 'my angel'. I saw all our pictures and videos together, but my heart didn't squeeze like it always does.

What happened ? Am I losing my love for Kenzie ? Are those feelings gone ?

Is Amara replacing Kenzie's place in my heart ?

No , I love Kenzie and nothing can stop my love for her.

Fuck , this is hurting my head. I placed Sophie back on my pillow and went to the kitchen. I grabbed a bottle of vodka, then started drinking.

~~~

Amara's pov:

I was woken up by someone banging on my door. I quickly opened it , thinking that something dangerous happened. But it only revealed Damien. Drunk Damien. He was sitting on the floor next to my door.

"D-Damien , what's wrong ? Why are you sitting in the floor like that ?"

"I'm tired , Amara. Soooo tired".

"Want to come inside ?" He shook his head , not wanting to enter my room. I sat next to him, hugging my left to my chest.

"I'm sooo confused about everything".

"Be more specific".

"Me. My feelings. You. Kenzie."

Kenzie
I don't like her name on his tongue.

"How ?"

"If I have feelings for you , does that consider me cheating on Kenzie ?"

He has feelings for me ?

"N-no. Because she's dead. She's no longer alive".

"We loved each other so much , why did she leave me ?"

"It wasn't planned Damien".

"When I think of her , my heart hurt. But now , my heart doesn't hurt". He moved his gaze to my eyes. "Did you take her place ?".

"That's a question you should ask yourself".

"I like you , a lot ! But , my mind is telling me to avoid my heart". He teared his gaze from me , looking at his lap.

"Sometimes we should listen to our hearts. If we didn't , then it'll hurt us". He looked at me again.

"Do you like me ?" 

"Mhm , more than you think".  He lays on the ground, his head on my lap.

"Tell me , how much you like me". He closed his eyes. My hands on his head playing with his brown curls.

"I like you like the moon like the stars. Like how fishes like the sea. Like a baby to his mother. Like  how you like your cars". I chuckled to myself, but earned a laugh from Damien.

"I don't like my cars , I LOVE them".

"I know , do you get it now ?". He looked at me with a stunned face.

"Ohhh I know now ! You LOVE me !".

"Mhm. Thank god you'll forget everything  tomorrow". I whispered the last part. "Now come on, let's get you in bed." 

After multiple attempts to reach his room , I finally put him in bed. I walked back to my room and fell asleep, hoping that Damien forgets everything I said.

~~~