Chapter 18

Amara's pov:

I spent all the morning playing with Sophie. Damien made a meeting with all his men and maids in the house and explained everything about Sophie.

I talked to James and Jake about going back to my job , which is at James's company. It used to be dad's but he gave it to James since he's the eldest amongst us.

I sat on my bed with Sophie. She told me she wanted to paint her nails pink , and how could I say no to her cute face.

"There you go. Now blow on them and don't move a lot so you don't ruin it".

"Okay ! Thank you".

"You're welcome baby". I pulled her between my legs, her head resting on my chest. I put some kids show on Netflix while her nails dry.

"Oh , am I ruining your 'girls day' ? Should I leave ?". Damien said after he entered my room , closing the door behind him.

"Nooo stayyy". Sophie whined and made grabby hands for Damien. He picked her up and kissed her cheek.

"Are you being good for Amara ?"

"Mhm ! I'm a good girl !"

"Of course you are!". He put her back between my legs and sat next to me.

"I talked to my brothers about my job. They said I can start tomorrow."

"Do you want a driver to take you there every morning?"

"No , I just want one of your cars."  I smirked , knowing that men have weird passion for their cars.

"No. My cars are my babies , I can't give you one of them"

"Am I not your baby ?". I jokingly pouted. Making him clench his jaw.

"Don't compare yourself to my cars."

Oh.

"Of course you're more important than them".

"Aww , am I turning Damien Salvatore soft ?"

"Mhm , yes you fucking are". He stared deeply in my eyes. I felt my cheeks burn, I know that they're red now.

His big hand cupped my cheek and pulled me closer to his face. Our lips were centimeters apart.

"Amara look ! It's a donkey !" Sophie patted my thigh , making me jump away from Damien.

"Y-yes baby , I see it". I was really nervous. Damien's makes me nervous.

I put my hands on her hair and started playing with it. Minutes later , Damien grabbed one of my hands and put it on his head. He laid next to me , his eyes on the tv.

This bitch knows what he's doing.

I sighed and began scratching his head. After about thirty minutes, both Sophie and Damien were asleep. I was bored so I slept with them.

~~~

Damien's pov:

I woke up with Amara on top of me and Sophie hugging my arm. I looked at the clock on the wall , it's seven and a quarter. I gently moved them away and went to my room to freshen up.

I walked and my office and saw Rhys typing something.

"What are you doing ?". I said as I walked up to my chair. He got up and I sat on it.

"I'm looking through your emails. You really need to focus on your deal with the Mexican mafia."

"Why ?"

"They sent an email two days ago , saying they want to 'catch up'. They just want more money."

"As long as they're not planning on anything, and they're giving me what I want , they can have money."

"You really think money grows on trees. You can't simply give them millions!"

"Rhys , remember that they're really good people, not like the other mafias that I've worked with. Also they're giving me safety , half of my guards out there are Mexicans."

"Mhm , you're right. "

"I'm always right-". A knock on the door interrupted me. Amelia walked in holding crying Sophie.

"I heard her crying from Amara's room. I quickly picked her up because you know how Amara acts when someone wakes her up". She said as she handed me Sophie.

Yeah , if you love your life , don't wake Amara up.

"What's wrong ?" I whispered in Sophie's ear , her head burrowed into my neck.

"I thought you are gone , I didn't see you." . She muffled as her little fingers play with the chain around my neck.

"I'm never going to leave you Sophie".

"Mommy said that and she left me". I was speechless. I looked at Rhys and he had the same reaction as me.

"Hey , look at me." I put her on my desk and cupped her face in my palms.

"I'm never leaving you Sophie , never. I'm not like mommy. I will always be by your side. I promise you that".

She looked at me with a smile, her hand still toying with my chain.

"Awww , such a cute siblings moment !". Rhys said.

"Who's that ?"  Sophie said.

"That's my friend Rhys ". She waved her little hand to Rhys , and he returned with a smile.

"I like him"

"Everyone does , babe". He said with a wink , making her giggle.

~~~