Chapter 10

Amara's pov:

"But James he's so complicated ! He never opened up to me , never talk to me about his day or what he feels like. Yes I know our marriage is arranged but life doesn't stop , we can still have a normal relationship like any other people!".

I talked to James through the phone, wiping my tears with some tissues. Now my bed is covered with tissues.

"Ra-Ra , this man has been through a lot in his life. It's not my place to tell you what happened, but he faced a lot. His father wasn't the best , and he lost his mom at a very young age. He's scared to love because he doesn't want to lose who he lives or get betrayed by them. Don't push him , your relationship will get better no matter how long it takes. If you really love him, or you want to, you should wait for him".

I didn't say anything, I just kept wiping my tears until I heard the door open.

"I'll talk to you later. Bye , love you"

"Stay safe , and love you more"

Damien entered the room with a confused expression on his face.

"Who were you talking to?"

"James"

"Aha". He walked to the couch , took off his blazer and opened the first few buttons from his shirt. He rolled up his sleeves then began to massage his neck.

"Are you okay , Damien ?"

"Y-no". He was hesitating to say no , but I'm happy he did. I walked over him and sat down facing him.

"Is it your neck ?"

"Yeah"

"Do you want a massage?". He looked at me like I'm insane. Then he said what I was not excepting.

"Yes"

"Okay . Do you want to the bed to be more comfortable ?"

"No here"

"Okay j-just lay your head in n my lap"

He laid down with his head on my lap. I began massaging down his neck , shoulders, along with his head. This continued for about 45 minutes. Finally , when he fell asleep, I played with his soft curls.

Damn , his hair is so much better healthier than mine.

It 10 pm , I was really tired from today so I needed some sleep. I slowly got up , putting his head on his pillow. I walked to my bed with a huge win my face. I can finally sleep peacefully.

~~~

The next day , somehow I slept to noon. I woke up with a messy hair , and the room was .. colder ? I didn't have energy to get up , so I just stayed in bed.

An hour passed and I was feeling worse. I grabbed my phone and called Damien.

"Hello ?"  His voice spoke through the phone.

"Damien , can you please come ?". I tried to speak but my voice was cracking.

"I'll be there in five".  He hanged up and I laid back in the bed.

I love how he didn't ask me why I called or why I wanted him to come. Cute.

After minutes, I heard the door open. But I was too tired to open my eyes. I heard his footsteps coming closer and closer. He sat on the edge of the bed near me.

"Are you okay ?"

"I don't feel good" I mumbled through the pillow. I felt him moving around, he turned my head and put his hand on my cheek and forehead.

"Fuck , you're burning. Let me take you to the hospital. Get up"

"No, I don't want to". I whined.

"Do you want me to bring the doctor here ?"

"Mhm"

"Okay". He walked away to make a phone call. He came back and sat back on the bed.

"I'm gonna but a wet towel on your forehead". He said then put it. It was so cold !

"Shit ! That thing is cold !"

"Shhh , it'll get warm soon"

~~~