Chapter 13

Amara's pov :

Rhys , Marcus and I have been in the hospital for three hours , while Damien was in the surgery room.

Tears couldn't stop running from my eyes. I was so scared. I don't want to lose him after we were just getting better.

"Amara I swear on my life he'll be okay ! He's been getting shot since he was 14 ! He's gonna be fine !". Marcus said , rubbing my back.

"B-but what if he didn't make it this time ?".

"Don't think that way. Damien is a strong man. And his body is used to this ; getting shot every month or two. The biggest evidence is Rhys , look at him , just eating a sandwich while his friend is in surgery".

I looked at Rhys , who was really focused in his sandwich. He felt our eyes on him , he turned his head towards us.

"You should literally stop crying , he's fine".

As he finished his sentence, the doctor came out of the room. We rushed over him to get some information.

"He's okay. He's sleeping now but he'll wake up soon". The doctor gave us a smile then walked away.

Moments later, Damien was laying on the bed , and being pushed out of the room by some nurses. We followed them to the room. After they settled him down , they let us in.

I ran beside his bed. I hugged his head and kissed it. "You scared this shit out of me". I mumbled through his hair.

~~~

It has been three hours since he got out of his surgery , and he's still not awake. Rhys went home and told Amelia to pack me and Damien some clothes. When he got back , I took off my makeup and changed into a hoodie and sweatpants. I slept on the couch next to Damien's bed.

The next morning, I woke up due to someone squeezing my hand. I opened my eyes and saw Damien's. 

"You're awake !!". He whined softly as I hugged him. I pulled away not wanting to hurt him more.

"I'm sorry I'm sorry. Are you okay ? Do I need to call the doctor ?"

"I'm okay. The doctor already checked on me."

"Gosh Damien , you scared me so much last night ! I was about to lose you !"

"I'm fine". He said with a blank face.

~~~

We're finally back home. The doctor told us that Damien can go on a plain but he needs to be cared of , because the pressure of the plane might affect him. So of course I took care of him the whole plane.

During the plane , I noticed that Damien's behavior had changed. Or we can say , he went back to his old self. I thought after this trip our relationship would be better , but I was wrong.

Currently I'm in my room , thinking if  I should talk to him or not. I want to , but I know I would hate his respond.

But I need answers to my questions, I don't care if it's going to hurt me or not.

I made my way to his office, I knocked on the door then walked in. He looked up at me then went back to his work.

"Hey , can we talk ?"

"About what ?"

"U-us"

"There's nothing to talk about"

"No , there is". He looked up at me , he seemed a little angry.

"Okay Amara , what do you want ?"

"All the things that happened in Spain , what are they to you ?"

"Nothing special happened in Spain , and they mean nothing to me"

"But you were just fine there , we were ge-"

"Amara stop it !"  He yelled at me and slammed his hand on the desk , making me flinch.

"Our marriage is a deal ! Nothing more ! Our marriage means nothing to me ! At all !". I felt hot tears on my face. I shouldn't be crying. 

"Amara , from now on. Stop asking me about our relationship! I married you for my mafia , not because I want to love you or whatever you think."

"O-okay , I understand" I mumbled.

"Good , now get the fuck out of here."

I ran out of his office , straight to my bed. After crying for what feels like forever, I took out my phone and called my mother.

"Hello baby-"

"Mama , I hate him , I hate him so much ! I thought I could make our marriage work out but I couldn't ! He just kept pushing me away ! Mama , I love him ! I accidentally did ! Why ? I don't know". I said through my sobs.

"Baby I'll send the driver to pick you up, don't worry honey".  And with that , she hanged up.

~~~

Author's Notes:

So sad 😞😢