|8| The wedding Night 🌙

I posted a new chapter even though we didn't hit the goal. From now on, I'll update every Sunday.

Enjoy Instagram reels and a few spoilers in the meantime!

I apologize for any mistakes in today's chapter; I haven't edited it yet. I'll make the necessary edits tomorrow.

⭐️⭐️⭐️

Hai utna hi khoobsurat meri kahani mein tera aana
Banaras k ghat se jitna ganga ka takrana

⭐️⭐️⭐️

————————————————————————————

Recap : The newlywed couples now step out of the mandap, escorted by members of each family. They touch the feet of all the family members

————————————————————————————

The bustling venue was filled with guests engrossed in their meals. Both couples occupied the stage, receiving blessings and gifts from the attendees.

"Ansh, are you hungry? Let me get something for you," Mishti offered, starting to rise from her seat.

"No, I'm not hungry. I can wait. You stay seated," Ansh insisted, gently urging her to remain.

Mishti couldn't help but muttered, "Who said I was asking about you? I'm the hungry one here." Ansh chuckled at her reaction and signaled Raghav to bring two plates.

Raghav arrived with the plates, handing one to Raj and the other to the couple. Raj, looking anxious, asked, "Are you two planning to share a plate?"

Ansh's furrowed brows expressed his frustration as he declared, "She's my official wife. Why can't we eat from the same plate?"

Raj, wearing a strained smile, retorted, "We all know she's your officially wedded wife; no need to announce it every 2 seconds." His heart ached, feeling the weight of the term "officially wedded wife."

As Ansh locked eyes with Mishti, he held her hand and expressed, "It's a proud moment for me. Why can't I... I mean,"

he glanced at Mishti, his gaze filled with affection, "chahe jise dur se duniya voh mere karib hai aur bas meri hai." (whom the world sees from afar, she's close to me and belongs only to me.)

He shared a warm smile with his wife before turning back to Raj, adding, "jise bhgwan ne mere haq me bheja hai...sirf mere samjhe" (Sent by God in my favor... only for me, understood.)

Raj, stumbling over his words, protested, "No, I mean, she can't. I've known her since school. She eats a lot; her stomach can't handle some amount of food. Please, someone, get another plate for her."

Under his breath, Raj muttered, "dikhave ki bhi hadh hoti hai...nam ke rishte ke liye itna ghamand, mai bhi dekhta hu kab tak" (There's a limit to appearances... so much pride for a name-bound relationship. I'll see how long it lasts.)

Mishti eyed the plate Raj was holding and thought, "He's planning to share it with Tina, so why the issue with me? If he can do it, then why can't we?"
"No"  She glanced at the others.

"We'll eat from one plate. If I need more, I can take more food, so..." She turned to Raj, giving him a tight-lipped smile. "Devarji (Husband's brother), you don't need to worry. You enjoy your dinner with Tina."