|17| THE KISS 💋

Apni nigahon se na dekh khudko,
Hira bhi tuzhe patthar lagega;
Sab kehte honge chand ka tukda hai tu...
Meri nazar se dekh chand bhi tera tukda lagega

Guys, I was going to write the POV of characters, but some of my friends suggest I should continue with the same POV as I used from the start, so here it is again, the same third-person POV.

————————————————————————————

Tina woke up to an empty space beside her on the bed, a familiar absence that didn't surprise her. Raj rarely came home at night, and when he did, it was often after she had already fallen asleep, slipping out before she woke up. Tina's hand instinctively moved to his usual place, searching for his presence, but even in her half-dreaming state, reality didn't evade her.

There were days when their relationship felt fulfilling, moments of joy and laughter shared in games that now seemed like distant memories. But those moments were fleeting, overshadowed by the persistent loneliness that had become her constant companion.

"I hate this," she muttered to herself, frustration evident as she punched the empty space beside her on the bed.

Tears welled up in Tina's eyes, catching her by surprise. She hadn't even been aware of her tears until one rolled down her chin, leaving a faint tingle in its wake. "Not again," she whispered, brushing away the tears that had become all too familiar, always lingering nearby.

Getting out of bed, she slipped on her slippers and stood before the mirror, her reflection staring back at her. "What's lacking in me?" Her fingers traced over her face, a question that echoed in her mind each time she confronted her reflection.

"I regret my choices, I feel the weight of guilt, I acknowledge my mistakes," she whispered to her reflection. "But don't I deserve happiness? If this cycle continues, it's... it's suffocating. Is this life's way of telling me I'm not meant for happiness? What is my worth?"

Her lips trembled, eyes widening as she continued to gaze at herself in the mirror. Finally, with hesitant words, she uttered, "Maybe... death."

————————————————————————————

Raj's grip tightened on the steering wheel as he navigated through the bustling streets. Despite the daylight, his thoughts remained fixated on the message he had received from Adair's assistant, Mayank. "Why does Mr. Raisinghania want to meet me instead of Dad, especially after rejecting all our requests to sign the deal?" he pondered aloud, frustration seeping into his words.

Lost in this internal debate, his phone suddenly buzzed, breaking the car's silence. It was Ashok calling. "Hello, Dad," Raj answered, attempting to maintain a calm facade despite the whirlwind of thoughts in his mind.

"Is it true, Raj?Mr. Raisinghania wants to meet you?" Ashok's voice pierced through the city noise, a blend of surprise and concern coloring his tone.

"Yes, Dad," Raj replied, his eyes alternating between the road and his phone. "But I don't understand why he wants to meet me instead of you. After all, you're the one in charge of that project, or Tina's dad," he added, his confusion evident in his voice.

Tina

Tina's name stirred emotions within him, but he pushed them aside, focusing on the conversation and suppressing the flood of feelings threatening to overwhelm him.

Ashok's response was a mix of caution and advice. "Raj, if he wants to meet you, there must be a significant reason. Don't act impulsively. Remember, he's not just any foreigner; he's highly regarded in his country and has achieved great success in a short time. Be cautious and avoid any actions that could lead to serious repercussions," Ashok warned, his concern palpable even through the phone.