estrellas~chapter 7

Out of nowhere, I am awoken by a very angry Belly and a pissed-off Conrad. 'What the fuck happened?' I thought to myself.

"All I wanted was to go to a drive-in with a guy that I think is cute and sweet, and... and you and Steven had to come and ruin it!" Belly yelled.

"What did you do?" I screamed at Conrad.

"Stop being such a baby, Belly!" Conrad yelled back at her.

"Oh, and you're such an adult?" I say, "You spent your Saturday night crashing Belly's first date for fun." I cross my arms and tighten my fists.

"Forget it," Belly says as she runs upstairs.

"Why would you do that to her Conrad?" He stayed silent.

"I thought we were close, you can tell me." I took a step forward.

"You're right." He says, I stare at him confused.

"We were close." He turns around and heads up to his room.

Damn. I go back to the couch and fall asleep once more.

~

The next day was rather uneventful, all that happened was Susanah painted my portrait. She wanted to paint Belly and I in our gowns so here I was, sitting in the heat with a thick gown.

"What's going on with you and Jeremiah? You never argue." She asked me.

I started to fidget with my rings from the sudden question. I haven't spoken to him since last night, "I don't know, we just had a small argument last night." I say.

"Well you better make up," she starts, "You two are like two peas in a pod, like yin and yang, without you two together the world is unbalanced"

It made me think, is that true?

She then continued, "He can't function without you Laur, I mean, your Laur and Jere."

I remained quiet and she started again, "Please talk to him. I know he can be an idiot but that idiot loves you."

I giggle when she says that. She was right, I had to talk with Jere.

~

After my painting session was done I ran upstairs and changed into a swimsuit, I looked outside and sunset was starting. Perfect, I thought to myself.

I knocked on Jere's door and slid a note under it.

The note read, 'Meet me at the beach -L,'

~

I wait at the beach for what feels like forever until I finally hear footsteps behind me.

"You came," I said happily.

"Of course I did," He said, "I would always show up if you needed me."

"I'm sorry," I say, "I shouldn't have walked out without finishing our conversation. It was immature." I stop to try and read his face. It's too dark to tell what he is feeling, I laugh trying to ease the tension.

"I'm sorry too," he says, "God, I'm just too stubborn to say anything," he says.

I run and hug him, "No more fighting?" I ask, "No more fighting Laur-Laur."

~

Afterward, we paddle out on Jere's surfboard. We used to do this all the time before I learned how to surf. I would sit on the front of the board and he was on the back.

"I missed this," I say.

"I missed you," he answers back. I turn to look at him and he moves a piece of my hair out of my face.

I feel my cheeks burn up at this action, "It's been less than a day Jere."

"Still," he said, "I missed hanging out with you. Work felt like forever without you there."

"Your fault for getting a Summer job," I answered back at him.

Jere and I just stare into each other's eyes.

"We should head back, it's Belly's Birthday tomorrow."