estrellas~chapter 30

Sleeping the first night sucked. Everything just felt so weird, it felt like I was sleeping in someone else's bed. My mattress was hard, almost like stone. Whenever I shifted it made a noise.

I eventually grabbed my phone to check what time it was and it was nearing two o'clock in the morning. I groaned. I thought I would've been tired from moving in and some of the activities we had with our dorm mates.

I met a few people; Rory, my neighbors to my left Lily and Jane, and then some other girls. Rory, however, met what seemed like everyone.

It's only the first day, I'll meet more people tomorrow.

Reluctantly, more time passed by and I still couldn't sleep. First I texted Jeremiah, no answer. So, I texted the next best person.

I try to fall asleep again until I hear my phone ding.

One New Message from Con is not rad

Con is not rad

Hey, what are you doing up?

I practically jumped for joy. Finally, someone answered.

I just can't sleep

Con is not rad

Is Jere with you?

Nah

Con is not rad

What time is it for you?

2:48

Con is not rad

It's 11 here

How are things with Belly?

The rest of the night we texted, well, until I eventually fell asleep way too late into the night.

I jumped awake when I heard thousands of alarms going off. Now I was tired. I check my phone and it's 7:30 sharp. I look to see Rory putting makeup on at her desk.

"Are you excited for Freshmen Orientation?" She asks me.

"Kind of," I say, "I'm excited to meet everyone."

"Well since you already got a boyfriend, and you have great taste," She stopped and took a deep breath, "I need your help finding me a boyfriend, so that way we can go on double dates," She answered proudly.

"Yeah," I say.

Rory seems cool.

I roll over on the other side of my bed and open Jere's messages.

Messages with Jerebear

Good Morning Babe

Okay, I officially band pet names they are so gross

Jerebear

Want me to pick you up coffee

Duh!!

I put my phone down and asked Rory, "Would you mind if I play music?"

"No of course not," She said with a smile.

We both get ready and make our way downstairs to the lawn.

There is a huge banner outside on the main quad saying 'FRESHMEN MEET HERE!'

Right under the banner, I spot a boy with curly dirty blonde hair and eyes the color of the ocean. There he was. He looked like he was having fun with some boys around him.

I tell Rory I'm going to say hi and she nods and whispers, "Remember the plan."

What plan? I asked myself.

He spots me and waves so I walk over to him.

"Good morning," He says while kissing me.

"Morning Jere," I say while he hands me my coffee.

"Is this Lauren?" A shorter guy asks.

"Yeah! Everyone this is my girlfriend Lauren, Lauren this is everyone on my floor."

I do an awkward wave.

Jere puts something on my chest, "I already made you a name tag."

"Thanks," I said to him.

Then someone with a giant megaphone begins, "Welcome Future Class of 2027!"

I zone out for most of their speech but I feel Jeremiah poke me once the tour begins. We walk around campus and it seems cool.

When walking, Jeremiah leans to my ear and whispers, "My Dorm is having a party tonight."

"Already? It's the second night," I say while holding back a laugh.

"Yeah, yeah, well there are a total of two people, including myself, with a girlfriend, and a bunch of horny boys. You do the math."

I laugh at this which causes people to look back at me. This makes me nervous but Jere just laughs into my shoulder. He grabs my hand to comfort me and plays with my two rings.

A few minutes later he leans down and whispers again, "So, are you going to come?"

"Yes," I say and see his mouth start to grin, "But only if you help me with my super important mission," I begin, "You have to help me find Rory a boyfriend."

"Easy," He says confidently.

"Okay then, I'll hold your word for it."

~

A few hours passed and the tour finished up, Jere told me the party was going to start around 8:00.

I turned a movie on, Twilight, until I fell asleep. It might have been one of the best naps of my life until Rory began shaking me.

"Lauren!" She yelled, "You have to get ready, the party starts soon!" She said all frantically.

"Okay, okay, I'm up," I say back. I hop off of my bed and find some jean shorts and a white lace tank top, I put my hair in a bun and reapply mascara. I slid my Vans on and I was ready to go. I look over my shoulder and see Rory adding the finishing touches to her look. It took me five minutes to get ready, how long did it take her? She was wearing a Brandy Melville Top with Lululemons and Nike Blazers. Along with a full face of makeup straight from the set of Euphoria.

"Are you good to go?" I ask her.

She turns around shocked, "You're already done?" She yelled at me.

I shrugged and giggled, "Yeah."

"Are you drinking tonight?" She asked me.

"I don't think so, tonight is not the right kind of night," I say, "Would you mind if I slept over at my Boyfriend's dorm?"

She perked up looking excited, "Of course not! That sounds super fun!" She exclaimed, she had a very fun attitude.

I took a deep breath and grabbed a tote bag, I threw in underwear and a pair of socks, I didn't know what else I needed for a sleepover. In the end, I already knew that I was just going to steal Jere's clothes so no need for that. Well, I did need one more thing. I went to my desk drawer and grabbed the most sacred box ever. Trojan.

I threw them in my bag while I made my way to the door, "Let's do this."