estrellas~chapter 22

"What the fսck, Julia?" Conrad yelled.

"I'm sorry. This must be such a shock. I spoke to your father this afternoon, and he and I decided that it would be best not to drag this out any longer than necessary." She tries to defend herself. As she goes on I look at Skye, they seem so disappointed in their Mother.

"I don't give a shit what the two of you decided on. You had no right to touch anything in this house." Conrad snapped back.

Quietly Jere says, "Those were her things," I see the pain and shock enter his eyes, I intertwine our fingers together, I'm not leaving him alone this time.

"Everything's in storage. I made sure that everyone was very careful with every single thing. I'm just doing what I have to do to sell this house." This time, a much softer approach from Julia.

It got me thinking about how maybe Julia was hurting too, this house doesn't seem to give her the same magical memories as it does for us. It makes me feel lucky that how I can remember this place as such a mystical wonderland.

I start to listen again when I hear Connie say, "I'm so sorry that she was too busy dying to make your life a little easier."

That was a low blow, even for Conrad.

I wasn't aware he could go even lower, "...You know, it sucks that our grandfather loved her more than you, but I'm not surprised." He stormed off to the living room. We all just stood there with our jaws hanging wide open.

We all follow him to the living room and he is aggressively dialing someone on his phone.

"This asshоlе won't even pick up my calls!" He yells, then walks over to Skye, "Did you know about this?"

"Easy Connie!" I yell.

At this point, Taylor and Cam went outside. It was just the Cousin's gang plus Skye in the room.

"I'm serious. Did you know about this?" He does not know when to stop.

"I didn't know anything, okay? I swear I would have told you." Skye defends themself.

I know I haven't known them long but for some reason, I believe them.

"We can't just leave," Belly says. I'm happy Belly is always so optimistic, she really can help when everything turns to shit.

"I mean, full disclosure, Mom's realtor is expecting multiple cash offers."

"Shit," I whisper.

Finally, Steven puts his big brain to work, "Wait, where are we going to sleep?"

Seriously, Steven, that is what he's worried about. My god, why did he have to be my twin out of all people?

"I think there are some sleeping bags in the garage..." Belly says.

Conrad quickly defends, "I'm not sleeping in this house."

"I know a place we can crash for the night," Jeremiah says.

~

The last time I was at the Country Club was the Deb ball, the night I finally got to be with Jere, but also the night where I found out I was losing Susanah.

"You sure about this, bro?" Steven asks.

"Perks of not cleaning out your wallet," Jere answers. When he pulls his wallet out I see that there is a picture of me in it, still.

"Cute!" I say while pinching his cheek. I lean my head on his shoulder as he keeps trying his old employee key card.

It doesn't work.