estrellas~chapter 38

One of my new favorite memories would be that night at Texas Roadhouse.

Everyone was acting so silly.

We all were throwing rolls and cheese fries at each other.

Steven and I both rode the saddle as they sang Happy Birthday to us.

Jeremiah and Conrad couldn't stop laughing.

It felt like the old days.

I would certainly love to spend every birthday like this.

After our birthday dinner, we got back and Jere and I decided to watch a movie.

We got all cuddly in my bed and put on the movie Moonrise Kingdom, one of my favorites.

Midway through the movie, I turn to face Jere and say, "I loved this birthday, it was so good."

"I love you," He says while looking at me.

"I love you too," I say back while giggling.

"You know what, want to go to Cousins?" He asks.

"Right now? I say back.

"Yeah, why not?"

I look at my phone and it's around 9:30. I laugh, "Sure, let me just go ask my Mom, start packing!''

I ran out of my room and down the hallway to my mother's. She was in bed reading a book.

I sat at the edge of her bed, "Hey Mom, you know what would make this birthday extra, EXTRA special?" I say.

She looks at me cautiously with a raised brow.

"Cousins..." I say while trying to hold back my excitement.

"Are you asking me to go to Cousins with Jeremiah?" She said while putting her book down.

"Maybe..." I say.

She rolls her eyes, "Fine, only because it's your birthday. Two rules, be safe and no drinking!"

"Thank you, thank you!" I yell while kissing her cheek.

And just like that, we get on the road as soon as possible.

We decided that I would take the first shift driving then him.

I played peaceful Rex Orange County music while Jere slept, he looked so cozy.

I couldn't be any happier.

As I thought that Happiness by Rex started to play, I just laughed to myself.

It may be one of his saddest songs but still, it made me happy and was my favorite.

The song began to end and I quietly sang the lyrics, "The way you love to show me what it's like to be happy..."

Then Jere woke up just in time for his favorite part.

"Bum, bum bum," Then he continued to scream, "Ahhhhhh, ahhhhh, ahhhh."

A/N LISTEN TO THE END OF THE SONG IT WILL MAKE SENSE LOL

"Good morning, we're halfway there," I say to him.

"Mmm, want to switch?" He offered.

"No, all good Jere, keep sleeping," I answered back. I could tell he was still tired.

He shifted in his seat to look at me, "You're so pretty Laur," He said.

"Thank you, Jere."

He falls back asleep and we are only a little bit away. I've done this drive what feels like a thousand times, but never at night, and never during winter. Cousins felt like it had its magic back. The lights were everywhere, everything twinkling. Maybe it was extra dark since it was nearing one in the morning but still, everything was special.