estrellas~chapter 24

Everything is ready.

We are having this party.

I don't usually like parties, but I am going to have fun, fun for Sussanah.

"They're here!" Taylor yells.

And just like that, the party turns into a full-blown rager.

It seems like everyone is having a good time, Cam and Skye are DJing, Steven and Taylor are flirting, Conrad seems happy, and everything is going to plan.

The only issue I'm having is that I can't even find my boyfriend. Ugh, boyfriend, I loved calling him that.

I was walking around looking for him when I tripped. It must have been a moment straight out of the movies because it turns out Jeremiah caught me.

He leans down and whispers in my ear, "You don't need to hurt yourself to get my attention."

I freaking creamed my pants when he said that. He pulled me up and kissed me. Whenever we kissed in public it felt like the entire world went away. But, when we stop I see all of the other girls staring, wishing it was them.

"Let's all get a photo!" I hear my sister yell.

We all pose and a quick flash goes before our eyes. Jeremiah, as usual, blinks aggressively.

"Don't worry, the worst part is over," I say to him, he just smiles.

Some guy comes up to us, "Have you seen Taylor?" he asks.

"Maybe, who are you?" I responded.

"I'm Milo, her boyfriend."

"Oh, I think I saw her with my twin Steven," I wanted Milo gone, I had to be my brother's wingman.

I saw him get frustrated.

Jere and I snuck back off. We found a blow-up couch and we began to make out again.

Out of nowhere, we hear people yelling, 'Fight! Fight! Fight!'

Naturally, we ran to check it out.

Of course, it was my dumb idiot twin brother Steven and Taylor's boyfriend Milo.

"What's going on?" I yell at Taylor.

"I don't know, they're being idiots." She says while rolling her eyes.

"Babe, this is for you," Milo says while throwing a punch at Steven.

Taylor looks embarrassed, "I don't even want this," she says while the boys push and shove.

"Jere!" I say relieved when he walks in, "Stop them," I tell him. Steven could get seriously hurt.

Jere puts his hands up, so Taylor intervenes.

"Milo, stop!" She yells, "You're embarrassing me right now."

"Man, fսck this. Come on, Taylor, let's go. These people are too pedestrian for us anyways." Milo answers, damn this man has some nerve.

Taylor seems fed up with his shit, "What's my middle name?" She asks him.

Milo remains silent, thinking.

"Yeah, I can't do this anymore. It's over." Taylor says and walks out.

"It's Madison. Her middle name is Madison." Steven chases after her, I'm proud of him. Maybe one day he could turn into a real gentleman.

After the fight, Skye pulls us all outside to tell us something.

"I've been texting with my mom, and she was able to put a condition into the sale. Since the buyers are only gonna use this place as a vacation home, they've agreed to let you rent the place for one week every summer!"

I squeal with excitement as Jeremiah, Belly, and I all hug.

"That's great!" I say with a grin.

Conrad still seems numb, "You can tell your mom thanks, but no."

We all dart our eyes in his direction. Why is he doing this? At least we could come back, even if it's only for a little bit.

"Why are you the only one that gets to make this decision?" Jere chimes in.

"Jere, we're not gonna pay another family to rent our house!" Conrad yells back to defend himself.

"This isn't our house anymore," Belly says glumly.

Conrad storms off, and we all sigh. Jeremiah rests his head against mine.

"Back to the party?" I ask them. Jere nods his head but Belly says she's going to talk to Connie.

(A/N MATURE CONTENT)

Neither Jere nor I have drunk too much tonight, but for some reason, we are hornier than usual.

We find an inflatable mattress bed and make our way onto it.

Before I realize, our clothes are already gone and I find us looking for a condom, he pulls one out of his wallet, classic Jere.

We start to have sex and something feels wrong. Why are we on an inflatable mattress in the Cousins' house? Everything is different, his room is empty. The only decor is our clothes on the floor.

Everything is wrong. I promised Susannah I wouldn't lose the magic, but it's gone. I felt like I was going to cry. Yes, I had begun to cry during sex.

He noticed something was wrong and pulled out.

"Laur... What's wrong?" He sounded genuinely concerned. He wrapped his hands around my face, "Did I hurt you.?"

I shake my head while I probably make the ugliest crying face ever, "I just miss her, I'm sorry for bringing her up but I just miss her so much."

At this point, he had started to tear up as well.

"I miss her too, but you know what?" He says, "You remind me so much of my Mom, I feel like she's nearby whenever I'm with you."

That felt like the biggest compliment coming from him. I just hugged him.

"I'm sorry I started crying,'' I said to him.

"Never be sorry Laur," He kisses my forehead.

We lay in silence next to each other.

"I can't sleep," I say.

"Neither can I," he answers back.

I pull my phone out and put on one of our favorite movies, The Hunger Games Catching Fire. I liked this one best because Josh Hutcherson was hella hot in it, but Jere liked it the best because Finnick was also hella hot.

As our men appeared on the screen we both went, "Damn." And laughed at each other.

"You're my star, Lauren," He whispers in my ear.

"Well you're my estrella," I say back.

"Same difference!" He whispers and I just kiss him laughing.

Some people only want money in life, some only crave sex, and others want glory. All I wanted was Jeremiah. Now, I finally got to call him mine again, my Jeremiah.