estrellas~chapter 36

It's December now and we are packing for Winter break. I felt like I did decent on my semester finals, but Jere is just happy they're over. I could tell that Jere was also happy because Conrad and I weren't talking. I missed him, but I needed to focus on Jere and me-not his brother. I wish things didn't have to be so messy.

It had been snowing all day and I was so excited to go home.

Jere was over in my dorm helping me pack for the break. Rory had already left so it was just us.

"I wonder if Taylor and Steven are still a thing," I ask him.

"You don't know?" He asked me.

"No, I haven't talked to him in a while," I say.

"Are you almost done?" He complained, "We have to get on the road soon."

"Shush, I just need to shove these in a bag," I said back.

I decided to bring four of his hoodies, that should be enough I thought.

"I'm going to miss you," I say to him.

"It's only a few weeks Laur, don't worry."

"Only a few weeks?" I mock, "That's practically a lifetime."

"We'll Facetime, It'll be like the old days," He says.

I didn't realize how spoiled I had become with him. It went from seeing him only a few times a year to seeing him every day. Even now, I still want more.

"Break is going to be so boring."

"Stop complaining and pack Lauren," He says behind a smile.

"The longer I pack the more time I have with you," I stop and face him, "Can I pack you in my suitcase Jere, please," I tease.

"No, I'll get claustrophobic," He says back to me laughing.

I pout, "I don't want to not see you.''

"Maybe we could hang out," He says.

My face lights up, "Oh yes please, I'll need a break from my family."

"That would be nice," He says.

"I can't wait to kiss those lips again," I say sassily back while pressing my lips against his.

~

The drive back to my house wasn't bad... only five hours. Jeremiah loved driving me around, he always went out of his way to.

It was the same old drive but still, I loved that he was next to me. I held his hand the entire time I was awake, I would doze off here and there but being with Jeremiah was so electric.

"Are you going to do anything interesting over break Laur?" He asked me.

"I'm going to try skateboarding again," I say.

Without having any of my college friends live near me, and not keeping up with any high school friends, I only had Steven to hang out with. And if he and Taylor are still together, I doubt he will have a lot of time for me. So, I'll try to skateboard again like how I had tried in High School. Jere gave me his old board but it has just sat in our garage collecting dust.

"What are you going to do over break?" I ask him back.

"Sleep," He answered shortly.

I nodded, sleep sounded nice, so I slept.

I don't recall when I fell into a deep sleep but he woke me up.

"Laur," he said while embracing my face, "Good morning gorgeous," He said.

"Hi Jere," I respond, I open my eyes and we are in my driveway.

"Shit, I'm already home," I say sadly, "I wanted to spend more time with you, awake."

He leans over and hugs me, "I'm going to miss you so much."

"Don't make me go in there," I put my head against his.

"It's the holidays, you'll make up, Laur."

It may sound bad but the part I was dredging more than not seeing Jere was seeing Belly. Maybe we can make up since she and Conrad got back together but I don't want to see her.

"I'll walk you in," He says.

"Thank you, thank you!" I say happily.

I knock on my front door and my mother answers, she looks done up so that's a good sign.

"Lauren!" She yelled.

"Hi Mom," I say back, in all honesty, I did miss her.

Next, Steven runs over, "Hey Twin!" He yells while hugging me.

"Hey guys," Jeremiah says behind me, he had already brought my suitcase.

"Jere!" Steven yells while hugging him. My mother joins him after and I look for Belly, but she's not here.

My mother noticed me looking around, "She had a school thing, she felt horrible she had to miss your arrival."

"Sure," I say quietly, she is going to try everything to avoid me.

"I better get back on the road," Jeremiah says to me, I give him a sad face.

"It was good seeing you, man," Steven answers while giving him a final hug.

I walk Jeremiah outside to his car, "Winter is going to feel so long without you," I say.

"I love you, Lauren," he says while grasping me around his arms.

I hugged him back, "I love you, Jeremiah."

"I'll text you when I'm home."

"Good," I say back, "Drive safe."

With that, he's off. I'm going to miss the fuck out of him.

I walk inside and Steven is already plopped on the couch.

"What are you watching?" I ask him.

"Nothing, I'm trying to find something," He answers back.

"We never finished Shameless?" I say. If I remember correctly, he and I stopped watching around Season Seven.

"Ooh, that's a good idea while we're home," He says all happily.

So, for the rest of the night, we binge-watched Shameless, and even my Mom joined us. I don't know if she had ever seen it, but she seemed to enjoy it for the most part.

My winter break was off to a good start, all until she walked in.

I heard the front door open and there stood my little sister. She looked different, more makeup than usual.

She looked at me and then ran straight up to her room.

Steven looked at her and then me, "What happened?"

"Nothing," I answered quietly back.

I wish nothing had happened.