Chapter 6

Two weeks have passed, and William Vangeance continues to visit the shop occasionally. This has led to numerous people spotting him entering and exiting the shop, consequently attracting more customers, particularly in the morning and evening. Perrie is delighted about this. The sparkle in her eyes as she serves customers each morning is truly a sight to see. At the same time, Dawn is improving her skills in handling the register. She has also become a significant support for her family, occasionally purchasing groceries for her parents. Now, they can afford to include meat in their meals, which they have little to no chance in eating it in her childhood. Dawn has even bought some inexpensive clothes for herself, her mom, and her dad. Despite her mother expressing a desire for Dawn to spend her salary on herself and indulge in personal purchases, Dawn remains insistent on prioritizing her family's needs.

"Do you think he'll come back again?" Perrie wiggled her eyes brows at Dawn who is collecting the used plates from the empty tables where the customers had been.

"He's a squad captain, Perrie. It's unlikely he'll return." Dawn responded, attempting not to blush at the mention of the Golden Dawn's captain by her boss.

"I'm simply pointing out that he frequents this place, and I'm pretty sure it's not because of my pastries." Perrie said, giggling slightly. Dawn furrowed her eyebrows, confused by Perrie's statement.

"Why would he visit a bakery if not for the products it offers?" Dawn asked, tilting her head slightly. Perrie chuckled and shook her head, amused by the younger girl's apparent lack of awareness.

"Don't worry about that pretty little mind of yours. Anyway, it's 3:30 pm now, and we're running low on bread and cake. I'll buy a few ingredients and bake some so we can still sell until closing time. Are you sure you're okay being left alone here?" Perrie asked.

Dawn nodded with a smile. "Yes, I can handle the register quite well now, and I'm used to slightly busy days. So, I'm good" Dawn reassured her boss. Perrie nodded, grabbed her bag, and took a piece of paper where she had written down the needed ingredients.

"Okay then. I'll get going. If it did became a bit hectic, just don't panic, okay?" Perrie advised. Dawn saluted playfully with a laugh.

"It's not that hectic, though. Don't worry about me. Take care, Perrie!" Dawn waved, and Perrie waved back as she exited the shop, heading to the store where she usually buys groceries and ingredients.

Dawn hums a tune while washing the dishes. Once finished, she places the dishes on the rack to let the water drip down and wiped her hands on the side of her apron. Grabbing the broom and dustpan, she returns to the inside of the shop, sweeping away the few dust particles that entered. After collecting the last remnants of dust on the dustpan, she disposes of it in the white bin inside the room next to the register. Dawn then takes the mop and proceeds to clean the entire shop. She nods in satisfaction as she surveys the now clean surroundings.

She then decided to sit down at one of the tables while waiting for customers, choosing to play with her magic. Her grimoire floated by her side as she played with a coin, twirling it in midair and swaying it from side to side. She even tried the spells engraved in her grimoire.

"Gravity magic: Collapsing Sphere," she muttered as she concentrated her magic on a small region near the coin, causing the coin to be quickly pulled in that direction. Reacting swiftly, she closed her hand as if clutching something, deactivating the spell. The coin floated peacefully in the air in that area, and she controlled it to return to her, letting it float above her palms. Dawn decided to experiment with the black hole spell she had been intending to try for a long time, but she opted for a small-scale trial first. She breathed out, attempting to clear her mind and reminding herself: Gravity is under my control.