Chapter 12

Dawn's eyes sparkled as they focused on the castle in the distance. Her eyebrows raised in shock, expecting the Golden Dawn's base to be a normal mansion. However, she did not anticipate that it would be a castle standing in all its glory in front of the magic knights.

As she ride the broom given to her, as a mode of transportation towards the base, a warm feeling spreads through her chest as happiness settles into her veins. She still can't believe that she's an official magic knight. As she gets closer to the enormous castle that is adorned by walls that are white and clean as if it's newly built with lights illuminating a few regions of the castle, she pinched her left arms as well as her hands to make sure that she's not dreaming.

"But if this is a dream, I do not want to wake up ever again."  Her thoughts echoed as they finally landed on an area of the base. She unmounts her broom and her eyes eagerly scanned the whole area admiring its design. She have seen many castles on pictures but she never actually paid attention to it. She thought that she will not even step foot into one so she just brushed it off. Now, that she's actually here, her inner child that lives within her still, is jumping with joy as if she wants to get out and acts all princess-sy. 

Murmurs are heard in the area, resembling a hive of bees buzzing non-stop. Many have become acquainted and started building friendships. However, none approached Dawn and Yuno, as their mindset remained unchanged, considering them lowly peasants despite their power. Dawn, however, couldn't care less. No one could ruin her moment because she is finally at the Golden Dawn's base. Later on, she will embark on her first mission or perhaps undergo magic training within the premises.

"Welcome, Magic Knights!" A familiar deep voice greeted, and the captain of the Golden Dawn squad appeared above them, offering them a warm smile. All of them bowed in respect for their captain.

Dawn's gaze travelled to where William stood with other Magic Knights. Behind them, the Golden Dawn's logo adorned the glass window with vibrant colors, as if beckoning the eyes of the people to admire its design. 

Before them stretches a grand staircase adorned with a soft red carpet. The staircase further divides into two, leading to separate paths within the headquarters.

"I must say that each of you possesses unique talents, and may all of you use them for the peace of the Clover Kingdom." he added.

Dawn's heart swelled at the sight of him again. The thought of them working together on a mission made her heart skip a beat. Dawn shook her head slightly, dismissing the notion because he's a captain, and while they may become close, he will always be busy, with his priority being the Clover Kingdom.

"Now, this will be your new home for the time being. So, I expect all of you to get along well. I do not recommend fights among yourselves. If you have any problems, please approach our vice-captain, Langris, or me to address your concerns." He added, gesturing to the boy beside her, who appeared younger than Dawn and possessed an aura of authority. The boy only gave the magic knights an emotionless stare, as if he's not interested in being there.

"Now, Hamon, will you please guide them to their quarters?" William turned and looked at a blonde man who was munching on a piece of dessert. The man nodded, saluted his captain, and then turned his eyes to the group.

"Follow me." he declared, turning around. Soon enough, the sound of boots meeting the cold floor echoed as the group began to follow the magic knight up the stairs. 

Dawn also started to follow the group, but she was stopped by William, who called out her name. The other magic knights who were with them walked off, attending to their own tasks.