4. ʙʟᴏɴᴅᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ʙʀᴜɴᴇᴛᴛᴇ

After the class ended, Armani made her way towards the bathroom, intending to check on Hannah. She knew that what Justin did was shitty and she wasn't going to defend his actions. Despite him being one of her best friends, she was aware of his flaws - everyone had their own. She approached the bathroom and walked inside, eyeing Cassie who sat on the floor, facing Hannah, whose eyes were red from crying. Armani's eyes softened as she put her bag down and sat cross-legged next to her girlfriend, lacing their pinkies together.

„I'm sorry." the latina said softly, earning a small smile from Hannah. „I'll talk to him, Hannah. If anyone gives you hard time, you come to me, and I'll deal with it. It wasn't your fault." with that, she stood up and turned to Cassie. „I'll see you later?"

„Sure." the blonde smiled and watched Armani leave before going back to consoling Hannah.

Later that day, Mani sat in her bed with Jeff, the siblings watching The Walking Dead. They both had face masks on, Mani doing her nails while Jeff sipped on his smoothie, engaged in the TV show.

„I mean, come on. Don't tell me you wouldn't smash that." Jeff said, pointing at the screen as Rick Grimes appeared. Mani eyed him carefully before chuckling.

„Nah, still gay." she answered, causing Jeff to nod and nudge her shoulder. She pushed him back and he grabbed a pillow before throwing it at her head. „No, don't! You'll get your facemask on the sheets..." he ignored her protests and threw another pillow. The siblings fought for few more minutes before a voice intereupted them.

„Armani! It's Monty!" Jane Atkins, their mother, called from downstairs. They both were immidietly on their feet and running down the stairs. Armani sucked in her breath as she saw Monty sitting at the table, blood covering his shirt, bruise visible on his jaw.

„Shit." she muttered and stepped closer, softly putting her arm around his shoulders. „Come on Mont, let's get you cleaned up." the boy slightly leaned into her touch and nodded, letting her lead himself to the bathroom.

„I'll make something to eat." Jeff said, putting his hand on Monty's shoulder before going to help his mom who was already preparing a meal.

It wasn't an unusal sight at the Atkins' house for Monty to show up when his father was out of control. Seeing as he, Armani and Jeff has been friends since kindergarten, Jane and Harris Atkins treated Monty as their own. He was always welcomed warmly and given a place to stay for as long as he needed.

Armani told him to sit on the edge of the bathtub before pulling a cotton pad out of a drawer. She put it under the water and gently wiped Monty's nose, getting rid of the blood. They boy was sitting calmly, ignoring the pain coming from his abdomen as he let Mani take care of him. He winced when she moved to disinfect his split lip, causing her to retreat her hand quickly.

„Sorry." she apologised quickly. „But I need to do this, Monty." he gave her a nod and she carried on. Few minutes later Jeff came in, carrying a pack of ice with him. He gently put it on Monty's jaw, and leaned against the door, watching his sister take care of their best friend's wounds.

When she was done, she threw the cotton pads away and kissed Monty's forehead, smiling softly at him. He returned the gesture and muttered a quiet thank you, before Jeff helped him up and led him towards the guest bedroom that Monty practically owned by now. Mani entered the kitchen and kissed her mom's cheek before going through the drawers to find some painkillers.

„Here." Jane tapped her shoulder and handed her a few that she prepared earlier. „And here's some water as well."

„Thanks, ma. Goodnight." Mani thanked and went after the boys. When she entered the room Monty was already under the covers and Jeff was closing the drapes. The girl put the pills and the glass on the nightstand and moved to leave the room with her brother, but a voice stopped her.