9. ɴᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ's ɴᴇᴡ

⚠️TW : sexual assault⚠️

Armani stared at her reflection in the mirror, her dilated pupils observing every inch of her face. Music was booming through Bryce's house, sea of teenagers lingering in the halls and rooms, one of the biggest parties of the year taking place. She chuckled and threw the now empty plastic baggie in the garbage. She wouldn't usually get stoned without Monty or Justin, but hey, it was a party, right? Besides, she couldn't find them anywhere, and the pills in her pocket were screaming loudly for her to take them.

Two weeks passed since the Winter Formal and Mani was slowly losing herself. Weed replaced the cigarettes, alcohol replaced water, and there she was, in Bryce's bathroom, high off her mind on Molly.

Jeff was worried. She's been avoiding school, hardly going out of her room, and when she did, she would trip over her own feet. He was worried, and he blamed two people for his sister's state.

Cassie Swan and Hannah Baker were now never seen apart, walking together in the halls, occasionally holding hands. Cassie was ready to snitch on Mani for what she did to her on the Winter Formal, but Monty was quick to step in and threaten that if she ever did it, every secret that she ever told him would see the daylight.

And so she stayed put, knowing that what Monty and Mani knew could ruin her life.

Monty was furious. Armani refused to leave the safety of her house, and so the only way he could see her was if he came over. Even then, the girl would sob into his shoulder each time, and when she wasn't, she was laying on her side, staring at the wall.

That's why both boys were amazed by the idea of her going to the party. Before the whole Cassie and Hannah thing, Mani loved parties - always bringing smile to everyone's faces and being the life of each gathering.

And so here she was, slowly walking through the halls of Bryce's mansion, leaning against the walls as to stop herself from falling down.

She made her way to the guest bedroom that was often used by Justin when he had no place to stay, or by any member of their small group if they stayed over after some party.

She fell onto the bed, face down, before rolling to her back and taking out her phone. She didn't know how long she was laying there, enjoying the fact that her mind was quiet, all the thoughts and voices gone.

The Molly stopped working some time ago now, but Mani still didn't move, not feeling like going out and dancing. Instead, she got more comfortable and closed her eyes, knowing that if the boys wanted to find her, that would be the first place they'd check.

She was now napping, music still playing loudly, but the tired girl didn't really mind.

She didn't hear the door opening, nor did she hear the lock close and footsteps come her way.

Pair of hands suddenly came in contact with her waist, and Mani's eyes opened quickly, the girl jumping up in surprise. She turned around and came face to face with Thomas Jackson, who towered over the bed and smirked down at her.

„We finally have a minute to talk, Mani." he teased and a chill ran up her spine. She took notice of the dark look in his eyes and quickly tried to jump over the bed and towards the door, but he swiftly grabbed her waist and held her down.

„Get the fuck off me." she grunted and they struggled for few moments, but soon her hands were trapped under his knees as he leaned forward. „I swear to God, get off.." she didn't get to finish as his mouth slammed on hers. She mumbled in protest, terror filling up her body as his hands started roaming all over her body.

„Shut up. We're having fun." he whispered into her ear as she sobbed out, using the short moment when his grip on her hands loosened to try and get away. She got to her feet and quickly rushed towards the door, only to be pulled back.