7. ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴀɴɴᴀʜ sɪᴛᴜᴀᴛɪᴏɴ

Tyler Down was a creep.

Everybody knew this. Mani knew this, Cassie knew this, the boys knew this, the whole school did.

Hannah Baker didn't.

That's why, when Armani got a call from her saying that she had a stalker, she immidietly knew who the stalker was.

„Armani, please." Cassie begged, tugging at her girlfriend's arm. The latina clenched her jaw and pulled away. „She needs our help. Why are you acting like this?"

„Because, Cassie, I'm not in mood for a sleepover with you, Hannah, and Courtney fucking Crimson." she hissed and started to walk away, hoping to find Monty somewhere in the halls. The blonde sighed and caught up with her.

„Why are you so.. cold lately?" Cassie asked, and Mani stopped. She thought about where to begin explaining.

„Well, maybe because lately you spend more time with Hannah than me." she stated and watched Cassie's face harden.

„Wow. Really?" Armani hummed and went to walk away, but Cassie grabbed her wrist. „She needs a friend, Armani. That's all we are, friends." she raised her voice, making Mani clench her jaw.

„Good for you. Maybe next time your mother acts like a bitch you'll find comfort in Hannah Baker." she knew that it was a low blow. Cassie frowned and stepped closer, getting into her face.

„Fuck you." she hissed. „She has a stalker, Armani. A fucking stalker, and she needs help. You wouldn't know." Mani laughed, glaring at her girl.

„I wouldn't fucking know? You know how Thomas is following my every damn step, and you have the nerve to say that I wouldn't fucking know?" she was now yelling, and Cassie smirked.

„Grow up, Mani. Then we'll talk." she went to turn away, but the latina grabbed her hand.

„No, you grow up. It's all about fucking Cassie, right? You can never do anything wrong, can you?" Armani hissed, her cheeks red from anger.

„Woah." a voice boomed, making the girl close her eyes and sigh. Jeff placed his hand on her back and glared at Cassie. „I think you should go." the blonde chuckled and glared at the siblings. She turned around and stormed away, bumping her shoulder into Hannah, who was approaching them with a smile which quickly disappeared.

„Everything okay?" the Baker girl asked gently, making both the Atkins children look at her. Armani's glare softened, knowing that Hannah did nothing to harm her.

„Yeah, fine." she forced a smile and gripped Jeff's hand. „How are you, Hannah? Sorry I've been distant, I wasn't feeling too good." she let go of her brother and linked arms with Hannah. The brunette frowned.

„Do you want to talk about it?" she offered, and Mani smiled softly.

„Nah, I'll be alright. I've got my boys." the latina girl bumped her hip against Hannah's, making her smile. „How's the stalker situation, Han?"

„Still the same." the Baker girl frowned, and glanced at Mani from the corner of her eye. „I was hoping you would come over? I don't know if Cassie mentioned..." she was quickly cut off.

„She did." Mani responded harshly and Hannah flinched, making the latina feel guilty right away. „I'm sorry. Yeah, she did say something about a sleepover."

„Would you come? It would mean a lot for me, Mani." she asked, stopping and turning to face the girl. Mani hesitated, taking in Hannah's pleading expression. She sighed.

„Fine. Text me the details, yeah?" she rubbed brunette's shoulder and Hannah smiled, hugging her tightly.

„Thank you." she muttered into her shoulder, and Mani chuckled, hugging her back.