5. ʙɪʀᴛʜᴅᴀʏ

A week has passed, and Mani wasn't doing good.

She realised that her every move was being watched by Thomas Jackson. It was commonly known that he had a crush on her, but everyone also knew that it was not a healthy one. He rarely made any move towards her as she was always accompanied by one of her boys, however that night at the party everything changed.

She was now fixing her make up in the bathroom, Hannah by her side as Cassie laid on the floor, her legs prepped up against the wall. Mani applied eyeliner to her eyes as Hannah talked about the new girl - Jessica Davis. The latina hummed once in a while to let Hannah know that she was listening.

„I mean, she's really nice, I think. It felt like an immidiet connection, you know?" the brunette smiled, looking at the couple. Both girls nodded their heads, Cassie making a bubble out of the chewing gum she had in her mouth.

„She sounds nice, I'd love to meet her. Where's she now?" Mani asked, putting the eyeliner in her bag.

„She has Bio. We're actually going to the Monet's after school, wanna tag along?" Hannah offered, quietly hoping that the girls would say yes. They exchanged quick looks, silent conversation between them, before Cassie nodded.

„We'd love to." Hannah cheered, smiling at the both of them.

„Meet us at my car later." Mani instructed, and made her way out of the bathroom. When she started walking down the hallway, an arm dropped around her shoulders, pulling her into someone's side. She went to pull away, but Zach's cologne got to her nose and she smiled.

„Hi, Shady." the boy sang, messing her hair up. Shady was a nickname given to her by Zach many years ago when she developed her obsession over Eminem, and it stuck to her, meaning that the boys still called her that sometimes.

„Hey, Zee." they continued towards their next class, Zach taking Mani's bag and throwing it over his shoulder. They talked about the new movie that came out few days earlier, agreeing to go together on Sunday. As they took another corner, Armani's eyes fell on an unfamiliar face. She smiled as she realised that it was, in fact, the new girl. „Jessica! Jessica Davis!"

The black skinned girl looked her way, confused, as Mani and Zach made their way towards her. She frowned but gave them a small smile.

„Hi?" she asked, chuckling nervously. Mani smiled.

„I'm Armani Atkins. This is Zach Dempsey. And you're new." she pointed out, making Jessica chuckle once more.

„That I am. It's nice to meet you, Angela, you too, Zion." the girl said, holding her hand out for them to shake. They looked at eachother before chuckling, and nodding in appreciation.

„You too, Jenny." Mani said as Zach nodded before leading her away as they continued on their way. Jess smiled to herself, it was a nice feeling knowing some people are friendly towards her.

After school, Mani and Cassie made their way to latina's car. Her beautiful black Charger stood proudly on her usual parking spot. The pair sat on the hood and smoked together, waiting for Hannah and Jessica to come. After a few minutes they finally did, and Mani smiled warmly.

„Hello ladies." she greeted and got in, waiting for the three girls to follow. They made their way to Monet's, music playing quietly.

„So, how are you liking school?" Cassie started, turning around in her seat to look at Jessica. Mani sent her a look through the rear mirror and smiled.

„Um, cool, I guess. People are quite nice and the teachers are fine." the black skinned girl answered, fiddling with her fingers.

„Fell asleep in Carter's class yet?" Mani asked, taking another turn and popping a bubble from her gum. Jess chuckled.