19. ꜱᴛʀᴜɢɢʟɪɴɢ

⚠️ TW : mentions of sexual assault, drug overuse ⚠️

Mani sat between Alex and Zach, leaning against the latter's shoulder as they watched Bryce and Monty pushing each other around playfully. She wouldn't usually sit with all of the jocks like she was then, but seeing as Jess wasn't going to school that day and all her other friends were there, she didn't have much choice.

She chuckled at some joke Justin said, but her smile slowly disappeared as her eyes fell on Tyler, who was now approaching the school.

„Yo, Tyler!" Bryce called out, hopping onto the bench that they were sitting. Mani rolled her eyes and sent Tyler an apologetic look.

„Hey, Ty-Ty! Nice ass, buddy!" Monty called out as both him and Bryce turned around, sticking their own asses out. Mani cringed and looked at them in disgust, throwing Zach a look of disbelief as he laughed with them.

„The fuck are you doing? Put your fucking pants on." she scolded, standing up and facing her two friends. Monty groaned as they pulled their pants up, Bryce's smirk never leaving his lips as he approached the girl.

„Like what you see?" he teased, going to wrap a shoulder around her, but she quickly stepped back, making him frown. „What's up, Mani? We're just having fun."

We're just having fun.

Her breathing got heavier as she stared at him with wide eyes, the boy looking back at her with confusion written on his face. She couldn't hear anything but her breaths, she felt sweat slowly running down her neck.

„Shit." Justin muttered as he stood up, slowly grabbing Mani's forearm and turning her towards him. „Ma, come on." he tried to get her to look at him, painfully aware of all the stares now being on the girl.

„The fuck are you all looking at?" Monty boomed, and everyone quickly turned their gazes away from the girl, continuing with what they were doing earlier.

„What's up with her, man?" Bryce asked, trying to get past Monty to check on Mani who was now looking at Justin with teary eyes, but Monty held him back.

„Give her some space, bro. Come on." he ushered and dragged Bryce away, knowing that Justin had Mani for now.

„Mimi, come on. You're alright, yeah?" the Foley boy tried to calm her down, now that they were the only two left on the bench. She nodded and wiped her tears, gripping Justin's hand.

„When's this gonna end?" she asked, her voice breaking slightly at the end of the sentence. Justin shut his eyes and breathed out, his heart breaking at the state of his best friend.

„I don't know, Mani. I'm sorry." he whispered, slowly bringing her into a hug as she let him embrace her, relaxing slightly in his arms as he waited for her to calm down.

„What the fuck do you think you're doing?" Mani seethed as she grabbed Monty's arm, dragging him into an empty classroom. The boy looked down and tugged at the straps of his backpack.

„I don't know what you're talking about." he muttered, rubbing his nose. Mani scoffed and clenched her jaw.

„I'm talking about you and the guys pulling Tyler's pants down. Don't act stupid, Monty!" she raised her voice and the boy rolled his eyes.

„We were just messing with him, Mani. It's not a big deal." he argued back, throwing his hands in the air. The girl shook her head in disbelief.

„It is a big deal, Montgomery. You may be having fun, but what about him? What did he ever do to you?" she asked, gripping his shoulder. He narrowed his eyes and pulled his arm away.