Chapter Four

I PLACED MY NOTEBOOK into my bag as soon as the lecturer gathered his things and walked out of the theatre. I sat back, watching keenly as several students filed out of the lecture theatre without bothering to get up myself. I wasn't leaving the college grounds anytime soon, anyway.

I turned to the white brunette seated next to me; she was also watching the students exit the theatre but her gaze sharply slid to meet mine the moment she noticed that I was staring at her. Siren, her eyes were siren.

"You should go too, Scar," I said to her, "I'm not heading home now."

"Are you going to the art room today too?" She asked me, picking up her notebook from the table and shoving it deep into her purple tote bag.

"Yeah, I'm not done with my painting from yesterday."

"Man," She sighed, "And I really wanted to walk home with someone today."

"I can leave the painting till tomorrow," I offered.

Scarlett itched her eyes, "No, I shouldn't bother you. I'll be fine by myself."

"Are you sure?"

"I'm fine," she got up from the chair, exposing her hourglass shape to me and the public, "I'll just walk with you to the art room and head to my hostel from there."

"Are you sure?" I asked again, "I can always come back to the painting, you know?"

"Yeah, I'm good. I just need some rest," she grabbed my wrist to pull me up and then stared at me.

"Was your wrist always this small?" She inquired, measuring my wrist with her middle finger and thumb.

I laughed and took my hand out of her grasp, "Let's go, Scar. Almost everyone has left here."

I adjusted the strap of my black bag which hung on my left shoulder and walked out of the lecture theatre with Scarlett. Since we were already in the faculty of art building, we didn't need to walk so far to get to the art room. So, we casually strolled down the hallway, watching as different people with different personalities interacted with themselves. Even with my poor eyesight— but with a little help from my glasses— I was able to see Thomas some metres away, chatting with a few of his friends.

I looked away. I shouldn't bother him.

We both had our lives to live and what really mattered was that we always came back to each other at the end of the day. So, I should not go running after him like an obsessed girlfriend.

"Have you gotten your dress yet?" I turned to Scarlett.

"Yeah, Halsey called blush-pink as the colour code for the bridesmaids, so we got blush-pink silk dresses with slits. It's so pretty," she replied, swinging her bag as she happily skipped beside me.

Anyone who saw Scarlett right now would surely think of her as a sweet little girl but please do not be fooled. Don't say I didn't warn you.

"Lucky you," I said, tucking one of the curls resting on my forehead behind my ear, "Anna and I stayed up all night, brainstorming on what to wear and we still didn't arrive at anything."

"You two better arrive at something real quick because the wedding's this Saturday and last-minute dresses are most definitely not allowed."

"Alright," I softly laughed, "We'll put that into consideration."

"Don't laugh, Wendy. I'm dead serious here," Scarlett stated with a straight face, accompanied by the jabbing gaze of her brown eyes, "As the only sibling of the groom, I have to stand out. And if I have to stand out, you two have to stand out also."