Catalyst (22)

The elder chuckles slightly, as if it knows what he tried to do. It turns its giant body around and starts walking back in the direction it came from. Without stopping, it bellows in a calm tone;

"Come, catalyst, we have much to discuss"

Not wanting to be left behind, Kai scurries up beside the wolf. Everything that is happening right now really seems out of a Disney movie, its almost as if Kai is a princess...

I'm definitely not a knock off Snow White... right?

Turning around to make sure Noelle, Sofia and Umbra are following, Kai nearly trips and stumbles slightly after hitting a rock, earning him a confused look from the wolf.

After walking for a few minutes in silence, the group arrive in front of an absolutely massive cave, the opening being about the same size as half a hanger door back on Earth. The wolf sauntered into the cave, expecting the four of them to follow it...

... which they do of course.

The full moon in the wolfs third eye illuminates the area around them, allowing them to see the cave walls. Kai notices some patters and colours on them, so he looks closer at the inscriptions and realises they are... murals?

Etched onto the dreary dark walls of the cave was the picture of a woman standing over a flower patch, unaware of the massive eye floating behind her, watching her.

Even just from the mural, you could tell the woman was beautiful. She had blond hair, a slim figure and it looked as if she almost radiated kindness.

The most shocking thing about this mural though, was that the sky was painted as bright blue. No trees blocking out all sources of light, just a blue sky and a bright, shining sun.

Is this before all the trees appeared? How long ago was it? The trees must have taken at least centuries to get that tall though? Or maybe magic was involved...

As they continue to follow the gray wolf deeper into the darkness, more and more murals come into view.

The second mural contains a wolf of monstrous size fighting against a humanoid figure. Only the figures skin was a deep red colour, like blood. The humanoid only had one visible eye on its head, but that eye contained the moon pupil all the beasts of the forests have, a full moon, only the moon was fully black. No brightness can be seen on the horrifying figure, it looks as it it clawed its way out of the depths of hell.

The figure had four arms, each hand holding a different type of weapon. A rapier, a claymore, a double headed axe, but there was an arm Kai can't make out due to it being completely missing from the mural. No paint or marking of any sorts is there, instead, there is a chunk missing from the wall of the cave, as if someone tried to erase any recording of the weapon.

The wolf on the other hand, is black as night and has fangs sharper than any dagger could hope to be. The wolf is flying in the air, even without a pair of wings, it's as if its stepping on air.

The two are engaged in a vicious showdown, the mural doesn't show who's winning the battle, and Kai wants to ask about it, but the full moon wolf keeps sauntering forward.

The third mural was a strange picture. On one side was a large group of humans, surrounded by groups of an even larger group of moon wolves and other various moon beasts such as stags or bears, and on the other was another group of humans surrounded by... things that resembled the abomination Kai had seen before.

The abominations this time come in all shapes and sizes, not limited to the gigantic tentacle blob which attacked Kai before. Some are smaller and are darker shades of purple, while some can take on a humanoid form, if it can be called humanoid. One of the abominations torso is out of proportions, while another one has only one arm, or how a third has dark red spikes sticking out all over it's body.