Near death experience(s) (76)

While Kai was ecstatic that all of that wasn't for nothing and he did end up leveling up after all that work, he held his breath as he remained completetly still.

While he may have accidentally killed that abomination with his claw, there was still a perfectly suitable bomb that could go off and kill Sofia attached to its disgusting carcass.

Wide-eyed, Sofia jumped backwards incase the bomb went off. Wa'rak swiftly followed, but was a bit less nervous in comparison.

"Out of the way."

Everyone moved for the source of that voice, of course they would. Failure made his way through the crowd of beasts and humans towards Kai.

Once he arrived at the crater Kai was lying in, he tutted and said:

"Now, my dear Kai, that was pretty stupid. And look at the situation you're in now. Don't you agree with me?"

Kai groaned in response.

Sighing, Failure tenderly reached out and slid the abomination off of Kai's claw. His arm was starting to tremble even though he tried to keep it still.

"I'm going to go study this, I'll leave you to have your internal regrets. I have too much of those so I would rather not hear yours."

As soon as Failure took the abomination away, Kai's arm fell down beside him limply as he caught his breath.

His whole body hurt, his eyes and face were burned, and worst of all, he was thirsty. His throat was on fire from accidently opening his mouth while falling, the flames were insanely hot after all.

Failure was right, he did regret what he had done.

Not really, he would only regret what he had done if the skills in the skill selection sucked. If they sucked... Kai didn't know what he would do.

Still, he didn't move. He was too sore. Honestly, going to sleep right now seemed like a pretty good-

"Here."

A bottle of water appeared in the centre of his vision, held in a tanned hand. Painfully turning his head slightly, Kai looked up at Noelle with a confused expression.

While he may have been slightly confused, Noelle's expression was blank. She kept her hand outstretched, handing him the bottle.

"Drink, your throat is probably hot."

How does she..?

Actually, he didn't care about the why, he just wanted the water. But he was still to sore to move his body. Painfully, he opened his mouth, the insides burned slightly, and hoped that Noelle would drop some in.

Sighing, Noelle rolled her eyes and said:

"Don't push it."

While she was going to make a more active attempt to be kinder to those who are kind to her, she wasn't going to do that.

It was worth a shot, if there's no harm there's no foul. If someone's good to her, she may as well try to be good in return.

But that was pushing it.

Noelle dropped the bottle of water onto Kai's chest, the fur on the edge of his tunic singed black. Kai let out a small groan at the impact, but didn't say anything.

Since he didn't really want to try and open a bottle while having claws, Kai undid the fusion.

He returned to normal height, and sadly size, no more visible muscles. His hair returned to the normal red colour as well.

Sadly, due to the loss of stats, even more pain washed over him. While in the mystery wolf state, Kai had over five hundred HP. The explosions had taken over three quarters of that, meaning, when Kai undid the transformation, he was left with only sixteen of his seventy base health.