Real strength (67)

Kai wasn't sure if he was talking to the bastard in front of him or to himself when he said those words. They just escaped his mouth before he even had the time to comprehend what he had said.

Even if he meant the man before him was pathetic, that didn't mean Kai himself was any better.

Actually, nevermind, Kai wasn't someone who would try to take advantage of a terrified lady, so the man was more pathetic.

The man froze, seemingly shocked by Kai's words. The small forests temperature seemed to drop by a few degrees as the man's eyes narrowed as he glared at Kai.

"What the fuck are you saying? I'm offering you a good time and you're calling me pathetic? Who the fuck do you think you are?"

Kai gazed coldly at the man. The woman under him was quivering with fear, her eyes silently pleading with Kai. But even though her eyes conveyed one thing, her body conveyed another.

She had absolutely no hope that Kai would be able to do anything against the man.

"No, who the fuck do you think you are? What gives you the right to do this shit with that poor lady? What? Sofia bruise your ego so you have to go assault someone?

Some fucking man you are. What? Can't keep it in your pants so you act like this? As I said, fucking pathetic."

The man's eyebrows twitched. He was growing agitated, he looked as if he were about to get off the woman's body and attack Kai.

Kai wouldn't mind that, it would give her time to escape.

"Kid, your saying some real big words for someone who doesn't understand he's situation. I'll give you one more chance. Get the fuck out of here..."

The man then pulled a blade, a dagger, out of the scabbard attached to his hip. The cold steel of the blade shone with the artificial light of the moon, the weapon looking like it could easily end Kai's life.

Yet all Kai could do was laugh at the sight.

"You know, someone once told me that the weapon matches the person. I didn't believe them at first, but it seems that they really were right. Especially after what Sofia told me tonight."

The man's face was slowly turning red, he looked as if he was about to pop a vein with how enraged he was.

It seemed that he understood the meaning behind Kai's words much quicker than Kai himself did when Noelle first said them.

"Kid, I gave you your warning, but it seems like you're dead set on dying here."

The man grinned as he got up off of the woman, pointing his dagger in Kai's direction.

The woman promptly crawled backwards, she then tried to get up and run away, but the man kicked her in the side and spat:

"You stay right there, whore. I'll be back to you right after I'm done with the kid."

The woman let out a moan of pain as she sprawled onto the ground, tears spilling out of her terrified eyes.

"Run-"

Her cry was silenced by the man brutally stomping down on her thigh, his boot mauling her leg.

Her cry echoed through the forest, yet Kai knew that it was only him and the rapist who heard it.

Even when she was in more trouble than Kai himself, she tried to get him to run away.

In the end, it's always the kind ones who get taken advantage of.

"Why should I run?" Kai asked as he coldly analysed the man, watching his every move.

None of this was arrogance. No, it was all confidence that was granted by Nonchalance.