Fresh food and a suited dude (61)

Kai wasn't really sure what to think as he made his way towards Failure's cabin. The dinky little home was always cozy and relaxing to be in, but that was before Kai had his second thoughts about the charismatic man himself.

Still, he would much rather walk there than be carried in Aldred's mouth.

Dressing for the occasion, Kai wore his bodysuit, tunic and boots.

It's not like he had anything else anyway.

There was one thing bugging him about his previous conversation with Aldred, and he kept thinking back to that one thing.

If Aldred was raised in this forest for his whole life and had never been outside it...

How did he know what an apple smelled like?

Ah who cares... Its only an apple

In the distance, Kai could spot the outline of the cabin growing larger and larger, but what confused him the most was the large group of moon beasts standing around the front door of the place.

What's going on?

Eventually, Kai reached the cabin and tried to sneak a peak inside, but was unsuccessful. There was just too many beasts blocking the way, so he-

"You're here, come."

His thought was cut off by the sound of someone speaking near him. Turning his head, Kai saw a ash gray wolf trotting towards him.

Majority of the other moon beasts in the area turned to face the sound of the noise also. Most of them had looked of reverence and respect when they say the wolf, their eyes widened in awe.

Aldred did not respond to the silent praise, Kai wasn't even sure if the wolf noticed it.

"Yeah, what is it that you wanted me for?"

Kai fidgeted slightly. If he had the choice, he would have much rather stayed at his waterfall and continued his training. He still hadn't finished swapping his stats after all.

Aldred grunted softly before turning around and making his way to the right of the cabin, walking away from the front entrance.

"You'll see, but follow me, we will enter from the back."

Inwardly sighing at yet another ambiguous response, Kai followed the wolf.

Honesty, how many attempts is it going to take for someone to just give me a straight answer one of these days?

Oh, I said it was unimportant who owned the soul, not that the one who owned it was unimportant. And then there was Failure going on about Catalysts and all that.

Grumbling slightly, Kai continued to follow behind the gray wolf as they made their way around the cabin.

It didn't take long as the cabin wasn't really that large in the first place. There would've had to have been some magic involved in its making though, the inside was much larger than the outside made it out to be.

The wolf and teenager arrived at another door, only there was no one standing outside of this one.

Nonchalantly, Aldred walked straight into the door, the wooden opening swinging open with no trouble.

Kai hesitated for a moment before allowing himself to enter. If he was really going to grow and get stronger, he couldn't exactly let bad relationships with people hold him down.

But when he saw what was inside the cabin, Kai had no idea what to think.

Inside, the room which had served as a cozy living room, which then served as an army command meeting room, was now even larger than both of those combined.