Chapter One

Yaszy Mancini

It's been six years since I killed my parents and was found by Lyla at the hospital, who then adopted me.

It was hard putting back together something I didn't break and with Katherine's help, I managed to fight my depression.

Katherine's mother has been nothing but amazing to me and I couldn't feel anymore welcomed than I already felt.

The door to the room, I been sleeping in busted open and Katherine walked in making me laugh and shake my head.

"What do you want now?" I asked, and she smiled big.

"Want to go to a party after we eat?" She asked and I thought about it for a second before nodding my head.

"Let's do it." I said and she jumped up, down while clapping her hands.

"Finally, you need some fun in your life." She said making me laugh and flick her off.

"Also, come on. Mom made dinner for us." She spoke again, I got out of my bed then followed her downstairs to the kitchen table.

We walked into the kitchen. "There she is, how are you feeling today hon?" Lyla asked.

I gave her a small smile as I sat down. "A little better." I said and she gave me a smile back.

"That's good. I do have to work til tomorrow morning, so if you're going out tonight let me know now." She said making Katherine and I nod our heads.

"We're going to a party, so she can have some fun in her life." Katherine said making me let out a chuckle then started eating.

"Leave her alone, Katherine. She's been through so much and I'm glad you're getting out again." Lyla said, and I looked at Katherine with a smirk.

She shook her head and started eating with me. I finished eating and cleaned my plate then sat back down in my chair.

She then finished eating and cleaned her plate, we walked back to my bedroom. Katherine looked through my wardrobe and chosen an outfit for me then picked herself out something since my clothes are better than hers, apparently.

She handed me the outfit and I walked into my bathroom, started getting dressed into the outfit that Kat picked out.

Once I was dressed, I did only mascara and lipstick since I'm not much of a makeup girl

Once I was dressed, I did only mascara and lipstick since I'm not much of a makeup girl. I curled my hair, and sprayed perfume on then walked out of my bathroom.