Chapter Twelve

Yaszy Mancini

We arrived at the white house and parked our car then he got out, I grabbed the envelope before getting out myself.

Ace grabbed my hand and the two of us walked to the gates. when we arrived at the gates, I saw some of the same guards from yesterday.

"I'm here to see the president." I said and they talked into their wrist.

"Go on ahead, do you need help getting to the oval?" One of them asked and I nodded my head.

The one spoke into his wrist, and nodded his head. "Head to the door and a guard will be there waiting for you." The other one said.

Ace and I walked through, headed to the door of the white house then saw a guard standing by the door and I recognized him as one of the two guards that were with fitz yesterday.

we followed the guard and Ace held my hand with a good grip as we followed the guard. We reached the oval door and the guard knocked. "It's open." Fitz voice came from behind the door.

The guard opened the door. "Miss. Mancini and Mr. Black are here, sir." He said.

"Let them in." Fitz said and I can hear the excitement in his voice.

The guard stepped to the side, Ace and I walked in and Fitz smiled then stood up. "How are you two?" Fitz asked.

"We're good." Ace said and I let go of his hand then walked over to Fitz.

"Thank you." I said as I handed him the yellow envelope.

"You don't need to thank me, sweetheart." He said making me nod my head then I watched his eyes go to my biceps that were covered by my hoodie. "How um...are the bruises?" He asked.

"They got darker but, they don't hurt." I said and Fitz nodded his head.

"Mellie is really happy that you said yes to us being in your life and she has been talking about how adorable you are since the minute we got back yesterday." Fitz said and a small smile formed on my lips.

"I wanted to drop those off before I forgot." I said and he nodded his head.

"We might have something on Lucifer, but my men are making sure that it's actually him before we do anything." Fitz said and I nodded my head.

"I should get going." I said and he nodded his head.

"Why don't you come back tomorrow and I can give you a tour of the White House." Fitz said making me nod my head then give him a small smile.

Ace and I walked out of the oval, headed to the exit of the White House. We reached the door and walked out of it then headed back to our cars.

We reached our cars and Ace opened my door, I slid in making him close it once I was in then he got into his car. I started my engine and he pulled out of the parking spot first then I pulled out, we drove back to my house.

When we reached my house I parked in my regular spot and instead of parking across the street, Ace parked in front of me then the two of us got out.