Chapter 16 - The Clandestine Reunion

Jealousy is a bitter social emotion and often, it creates unnecessary rifts

Being married to a celebrity will always be challenging but what am I supposed to do with this spiteful feeling brewing in my heart?

I have never been this jealous in my entire life.

Today was supposed to be a good day because I'll be leaving for Indore in a few minutes and I'll be meeting him soon but thanks to a certain someone for spoiling my entire mood.

A lot has happened these past few days.

One being, my baby coming back in his form. He scored 68 runs of 52 balls in the first match and 124* runs of 102 balls in the second match. I can't describe how happy he looked during our video calls. He's finally back in his usual bubbly self on the ground. Earlier, he used to look dejected and his pictures used to make me sad too but now, he's back to his shenanigans with Ishan and Virat Kohli on field. I wish he always stays like this.

Touchwood.

Second, Shubman and I grew closer. We talk everyday be it on texts, voice calls or video calls. Infact, it has kind of become our routine to video call each other before going to bed everyday. I'm over cloud nine because I finally have everything I've wanted for years.

Third, TARA KHAN.

Who is Tara Khan? An actor.

Why am I jealous of her? Because she is being linked with Shubman. MY husband.

God, I hate this so much.

This stupid rumour started before the second ODI in Pune because they were seen having dinner together and people being nosey as fuck started linking their name.

At first I ignored it because Shubman told me about the dinner himself. He told me that he was going on dinner with Tara because they're both in the town and she's his friend. They endorse the same brand and that's how they became friends. I was fine about it but then the media decided to piss me off.

There were articles about them everywhere and their pictures were viral on the internet. I ignored it then too because that's how the media is and I need to trust my husband.

Everything was fine until that bitch decided to take advantage of the situation.

There were rumours about both of them everywhere and she knew it but what did this pig decide to do? She showed up at the stadium unannounced in the next match and cheered for Shubman like a cute little fan she pretended to be.

The whole stadium was cheering shit like 'HUMARI BHABHI KAISI HO? TARA BHABHI JAISI HO' throughout Shubman's batting.

(How should our sister-in-law be like? Just like Tara)
{I don't know how to translate that I'm sorry 😭}

What was the worst part? I was watching that match live at my home. I heard all of that and so did my family. For the first time in my life, I walked away from a match midway. I just couldn't get myself to watch that match.