Chapter 47 - The Dawn of Bliss

"Aap kidhar chale jaarhe hai, Mister?" Di asked while looking at Shubman who was entering the room

(Where are you walking to, Mister?)

He looked at her confused. "I need to change, Di." He said.

"And? What does that have to do with you entering Bhabhi's room?" Di said with a teasing smile.

"Umm.. Your bhabhi's room is also my room." Shubman said with a confused expression.

"It's not." Mummy Ji's voice grabbed our attention.

Shubman turned around to see Mummy ji and Mom standing behind him at the doorway. "Kya matlab?" He asked looking at them with furrowed brows.

(Meaning?)

"Dulha Dulhan shaadi tak saath nahi reh sakte, beta." Mom said with a chuckle.

(The groom and bride can't live together till marriage.)

"What? But we're already married, Mom." Shubman said in disbelief.

This man.

"So what? Now that you both are getting married properly, we'll follow each and every rule that needs to be followed which means.. no sharing the room until your marriage." Mummy ji said while holding his right arm. "Your room is at the end of the corridor. Go change there." She added and pulled him out of the room.

"Come on, guys. That's not f- " Di closed the door before he could finish and giggled when she heard Shubman complain from the other side of the door.

"It's okay, Jiju. I'll keep your wife safe until then." Kanika yelled from inside of the room.

"Majnu, for real." Di said making everyone giggle.

"Kanika, beta in dono par nazar rakhna hai tujhe." Mummy ji said jokingly.

(You have to keep an eye on both of them.)

"Don't worry, Aunty. Ye khabri aapko pal pal ki khabar deti rahegi." Kanika said while keeping her left hand around mummy Ji's shoulders.

(This snitch will keep snitching to you about every second.)

I shook my head and smiled.

"Good!" She said to Kanika then turned towards me. "Kiara, bachhe rest kar tu ab. We'll go and welcome the guests." Mummy ji said with a smile.

(Take some rest.)

I nodded my head with a matching smile.

Di, Mom and mummy ji left while Kanika and I plopped on the sofa to relax.

Such a long journey it was.

Both our families landed in Udaipur an hour ago and we arrived at Udaivilas a few minutes ago for our much awaited wedding.