Chapter 35 - The Unforseen Drama

Itihas gavah hai ki jab-jab mai kisi cheez ke liye excited hua hu, kuch aisa hota hai ki us excitement ki band baj jaati hai

(History is a witness that whenever I've been excited about something, that excitement is wrecked because of some reason.)

Today's reason is Rohan Aluwalia the fucktard i.e., My ex bestfriend.

Why is he even here?

It's Nanu's birthday today and both his children decided to plan a small get together to celebrate it. Only four families are invited for the birthday. Both Kiara and my families, Mama ji's family and Shikhar Uncle's family.

Shikhar baba is Nanu's bestfriend.

They have known each other since their job days and have been friends ever since. Shikhar uncle is one of the sweetest people I've ever met but the only awful thing about him is his grandson i.e., Rohan Aluwalia.

The guy who backstabbed me for some ego boost.

As my wife once said, The only thing that needs a boost is his cricket career and not his ego.

His presence here is absolutely unnecessary and it stained the aura as soon as he walked through the door. Our last conversation was absolutely triggering for both of us but because this guy is a shameless piece of shit, he decided to grace us with his presence today.

Why? No idea.

We were not aware about him being invited to the party. It was supposed to be just our families but Mama ji invited Shikar uncle and his family assuming that Naanu would be happy about it and to be honest, he was absolutely right because Naanu is genuinely happy to see his best friend.

Only Daadu, my parents and Di are aware of the real reason behind our drifting apart. For everyone else, he's my childhood bestfriend who got drifted apart due to us playing at different levels.

He definitely played at different levels.

Rohan never made it to ICT or any team in IPL. He played for a while until he changed his mind and took over his Dad's already successful business. He plays for 'fun' now.

In easy words, Got no spine or skills to make a career of his own.

I had moved on from Meera a long time ago but I still hate Rohan from the bottom of my heart.

He used to be my bestfriend. No wait, let me rephrase that. He was my only friend for years and him backstabbing me was much more painful than Meera's betrayal because it was him who mattered more.

I had known Meera for just a few months but Rohan had been my 'bestfriend' for over 10 years and yet, Rohan decided to ruin everything.

Why? No one except Rohan knows.

Kiara says that it's probably out of pure jealousy and I agree with her. Why else would he ruin our 10 year old friendship? Kiara said that he must have always been jealous of me and that was his way of feeling superior.