005. I AM NOT YOU

Chapter five

"I am not you." 

Shawn had been outside playing basketball afternoon, as Anthony had come out and joined him, Shawn dribbled the ball around him and up to the basketball hoop, where he jumped and threw the ball getting it in, Anthony huffed "it's no fair! Your taller then me!" he voiced, as Shawn chuckled, grabbing the ball as he walked up and ruffled Anthony's hair "you'll be my height one day." he told him, as their mom walked up to them "you two enough basketball, time to hit the showers and get dressed." she shared, as Anthony furrowed his brows "why?" he asked, as Shawn turned around looking at his mother who seemed to be dressed like she always was "yeah? Why?" he asked.

As their mom sighed, putting in one of her earrings "because your father's having one of his work dinners and we all are to be in attendance. Beside's it's buffet style, you guys will love it." she shared "I have to dress up?" Anthony asked "yes! Now go shower now!" their mom voiced, as Anthony went running off, Shawn turned on his heel and shot it into the basket, but before he could grab the ball again, his mom walked into the court taking it "I'm not kidding shower now." she told him "yes, ma'am." Shawn told her, as he turned around running inside after Anthony.

And when he did, he headed upstairs, passing his sister's room, he turned back around and leaned into her doorway "do you think some nice pants and a button up shirt would work or do you think it's more of a suit and tie situation?" he asked, as Sam turned to him "I think mom and dad would rather have you wear suit but I'm pretty sure you can skip out on the tie." she shared "thanks." Shawn told her, as he turned heading into his room, he shut the door behind him.

Having showered and gotten dressed, Shawn was wearing a black suit with a white button up as him and his family headed out to lobster night, as this dinner was with a man called Armand, Shawn was sitting with his brother and the man's son although as they did the man's son was looking at Shawn seeing as her was taller and more muscular then both of them "how do you look like that?" the kid asked him, as Shawn chuckled "like what?" he asked "like you could lift the two of us up with both your arms." the kid shared.

And when he did, Shawn chuckled again "well, I've always been into sports and when I got into middle school I started eating differently and working out and of course puberty." he was sharing, as he then noticed his brother drinking out of the butter, he ripped the dish out of his hand "and I sure wasn't drinking the butter." he added on, as he put it down on his side "well my dad own's buildings." the kid then shared "our dad own cars and my brother who your staring at like he's your idle builds and fixes them." Anthony shared "guys, we don't.." Shawn tried to tell them, as the boy said "my dad makes more money than your dad." 

"Our dad knows karate and so does my brother and they could kill you and your dad." Anthony told him and when he did, Shawn furrowed his brows "no, no, no, we..we are not killing anybody." he shared, but that seemed to end the conversation as the boy looked to him "so what sport do you play?" the boy asked him "basketball." Shawn told him "he's team captain." Anthony mentioned, as Shawn nodded "and to keep that and my reputation it takes a lot of initiative." he shared, grabbing his lobster and starting to eat it, knowing his friends hadn't been answering him but he didn't really care, all he cared about was basketball, his status and his grades.

The next day, Shawn was standing in the garage as he was working under a car, Travis noticed a girl walk in "what can we do for you?" he asked her "um, I'm looking for Shawn?" the girl asked, and when he did, Travis motioned to the car he was under "thanks." the girl told him, as she began walking over to the car, seeing his legs underneath it "Shawn?" she asked, and when she did, Shawn rolled out from under the car, furrowing her brows seeing Moon standing there "Moon? What.." he was asking, as he got up off the floor "what are you doing here?" he asked her, cleaning off his hands.