013. I LOVE KARATE BUT I WILL NOT BE A TOWN JOKE

Chapter thirteen

"I love karate but I will not be a town joke."

Shawn was outside dribbling the basketball on the court, he was pretending to dodge people as he jumped, tossing the ball into the basket, it went through the net as he ran over to it, Robby was watching him from inside "does he ever stand still?" he asked, as Sam walked up behind him "Shawn? He's either always working at the garage. Playing basketball. Running. Working out. So no.." she shared, as her and Robby laughed, Robby nodded "I think I'm gonna go join him." he shared "what? No! Shawn doesn't need.." Sam shared, as Robby moved from the window and turned walking out the door.

And as he did, Shawn made another lay up, as the basketball rolled on the ground, Robby picked it up and began dribbling it, and as he did, Shawn furrowed his brows at him "I thought you played soccer?" he asked him "I played basketball in gym." Robby shared, as Shawn scoffed "not like I do." he shared, running toward's him, he smacked the ball out of his hand and dribbled it away from him, and as he did, Robby ran after him, trying to take the ball from him but as he did, Shawn spun around and jumped, shooting the ball into the basket.

"And that is why I am the captain of the basketball team!" Shawn voiced, as Robby ran toward's the basketball, dribbling it, Shawn ran over to him and went to take the ball but as he did, Robby spun around "your dad did say to always keep moving in a circle." he shared, as Shawn scoffed "yeah, your just saying that cause I pulled the same move on you." he shared, trying to smack the ball away from him, the two were laughing, as Robby turned around trying to throw the basketball into the basket, Shawn knocked it away taking it, he ran around and as he did, he jumped, throwing the ball into the basket again.

And that's how the two spent their night, where the next morning, it was back to karate, as Shawn, Sam and Robby were all sparring with each other, where Sam threw punches toward's Shawn while Robby threw kicks, Shawn was blocking and dodging them, as he spun around both of them, he punched Sam in the chest, and spun around, kicking Robby in the chest "and that is how I made it to the all valley finals." Shawn shared "that's just because you didn't have to get through me." Sam shared "and didn't you wind up with a broken arm?" Robby asked.

As Shawn scoffed "thanks guys." he told them, as he turned to walk off "listen, I wanna thank you." he said, as Shawn threw his arms out "dude, you don't gotta thank me!" he voiced "he's right you don't." Sam shared "oh, come on, last week I had no hot water. This week I have a Jacuzzi in my backyard." Robby shared "well, I wouldn't get too excited. We did find a dead possum in there." Sam shared, as all three of them laughed "seriously. Thank you. It's been a little rough lately and it's nice to have people look out for you." Robby shared.

"That's what friends do." Sam shared, as Shawn put his hands on Robby's shoulders "the next thing you need is some rich girls flirting with you." he shared, laughing, Robby joined him, as the two missed the way Sam looked at them.

"Alright, guys, enough chitchat. Let's see where you're at." their dad shared as he came walking out, the three turned to him and when they did, they saw two guys walking in, as their dad turned to them "good afternoon." he told them "hey, uh, we're looking for miyagi do." one of them shared "you're in the right place." their dad told them "the commercial said lesson's are free?" the other one asked, as Sam began walking over, Robby and Shawn followed her "they sure are. You guys ready to get started?" their dad asked the new guys, as the two looked to each other and nodded.

"Great. I have a couple cans of paint out front. The fence back here could use a fresh coat. Shawn and Robby will show you." their dad shared, as the guys looked to each other "you want us to paint your fence?" the one the left asked "keep an open mind guys. It'll all make sense later." Robby shared "in order to fully learn miyagi do karate, you have to unlearn your misconceptions about what constitutes training." their dad shared "and three, two, one.." Shawn said "I knew this was bullshit. This was all just some scam to get kid's to do your yard work, huh?" the one on the right asked.