014. COUNTRY CLUB

Chapter fourteen

"Country club." 

In the backyard of Miyagi do, Sam was sitting down and stretching while Robby was holding the punching bag as Shawn punched it "you know, maybe we should take a video of us all sparring and post it on instagram." Robby shared, as Shawn threw another punch "everyone already saw us at valley fest. No one cared." Sam shared "yeah, because all we do is defend ourselves." Shawn shared, throwing another punch "defense wins championships." Sam shared "yeah, but people want to watch a real fight, not stand around and wait for you to make your move! It's like basketball, if your not scoring and just standing there on the court doing nothing, nobody's gonna route for you, they're gonna route for the other team." Shawn shared.

"So, you're saying that we need to show them that we can fight, too?" Robby asked, as Shawn looked to him "if that's what it takes!" he voiced "so, what exactly are we supposed to do? Go to the mall and pick a fight? Record us defending ourselves?" Sam asked "no. If we make it happen, that just shows that we're desperate. We have to wait for our moment and when it comes..let's just hope there's people around to watch and see that miyagi do isn't as boring and useless as they think it is." Shawn shared, as he threw another punch, Sam huffed, as she got up and walked off, knowing all her brother and Robby wanted to do was fight.

In which Robby furrowed his brows "what's up with you?" he asked him "oh, you know, just the fact that my dad hates me for not doing his little valley fest show and that the two girls I know besides my sister just keep reminding me that I'm just the basketball guy who beat people up." Shawn shared, throwing another punch "well, if it means anything I don't think of you like that." Robby shared, as Shawn hummed "that makes me feel great, thank you." he told him, and when he did, Robby knew he was being sarcastic as he shoved the punching bag toward's him, hitting him with it, as Shawn laughed.

"Shut up, man." Robby told him, scoffing "no, no! I would love for you to keep going, I mean you've had this real vulnerable emotional thing going on the past two days you've talked to me." Shawn shared, making fun of him again, Robby stepped around the punching bag and punched him in the shoulder, he started laughing, as Shawn put his arm around his neck "bring it Swayze!" he voiced "I told you that in private!" Robby voiced, spinning around and trying to get Shawn off of him, the two began play fighting with each other, almost like they were brothers.

In which Sam walked into the back, seeing the two, she stopped and crossed her arms, watching them, she smiled "you two ready to go?" she asked, as Shawn and Robby quickly separated "go where?" Robby asked "we're taking a drive." Sam shared, turning around and walking off, and as she did, Shawn and Robby followed after her.

Driving down the road, Shawn sat in the front next to his dad, wearing his sunglasses, Robby and Sam sat in the back "I still don't understand how going to the beach is gonna help us get students." Robby shared "it's not the students that I'm after. It's the parents." their dad shared "so, you're counting on kids listening to their parents?" Sam asked "no, I'm counting on parents doing whatever it takes to protect their kids. Look, I've tried everything else to promote miyagi do. If this doesn't work..nothing will." their dad shared "I'm just excited to go to the beach." Shawn shared, as all of them laughed.

They soon pulled up to the beach club, as their mom was waiting out front by the valet "see? What did I tell ya? It's always packed here on Saturday." their dad shared, as they got out of the car, their parents began walking off, Shawn stood there with Robby and Sam, as he rubbed his hands together "lounging by the pool and drinking margaritas." he shared, looking to Robby "remember what I said about those.." he said, but then noticed his face "what's up?" he asked him "maybe he just doesn't wanna do that with you, Shawn." Sam shared.