011. THE START TO AN INTERESTING SUMMER

Chapter eleven

"The start to an interesting summer." 

Even with his bad arm, Shawn had headed with his dad to Mr Miyagi's where Robby had met them there, as Shawn's dad then pulled the tarp off of the banana boat car "whoa. Mr Miyagi gave you this?" Robby asked "yep. Best birthday gift ever. Hadn't had much of a chance to get down her lately to take care of her the way she deserves." Shawn's dad shared "something tell's me there's a can of wax in my future." Robby told them, as Shawn chuckled "there's a lot more then just that." he shared, as Robby furrowed his brows.

Shawn and Robby were then painting the house, as Shawn's dad walked up to them with a paint brush of his own, then three were all trying to put a new punching bag up, although seeing as Shawn only had one arm to help them with right now, it was kind of impossible for him to help as it came falling back down, then Robby and Shawn were standing back at they were putting new fencing up Shawn's dad was showing them the way to do it as he hit the nail with the hammer a few times and then did one big tap at the end.

Then Shawn's dad was bringing in more supplies while Robby and Shawn were on their hands and knee's cleaning the walkway "make bigger circles. Yeah bigger. And remember, breathe in, breathe out." Shawn's dad told them as he walked down the walkway past the two of them, Shawn huffed "but now you stepped all over it! We're gonna have to do it all over again!" he voiced, throwing down his scrubber as Robby laughed.

Later on the three took a break where they were out front, pulling the tarps off of all the cars, and then they were painting the new fence they put up, where Robby and Shawn then went back to scrubbing the walkway as they did, Shawn took his sling off feeling like his shoulder was better, where he, Robby and his dad were then waxing all the cars out front.

The three then headed into the back, where Shawn and Robby had the bonsai's in their hands as the two were in the water going to put them on the platform, Shawn's dad watched them where as the two put them on the platform it started tipping toward's Shawn "dad, dad, I don't think this is what this was made for!" Shawn voiced "Robby slide yours back a little more. A little bit. It's gotta be perfectly balanced." Shawn's dad shared, as Shawn's side no longer was tipping over, as both the bonsai's balanced on the platform, Shawn and Robby took their hands away "see that?" Shawn's dad asked, as Shawn and Robby went around and high fived each other.

The two then had gotten out of the water and dried off, as the two headed outside, they found Shawn's dad standing there and looking at all their hard work for the day, as all three of them smiled.

Making it back home, Shawn and his dad walked in, as his dad furrowed his brows "hey, Shawn, where's your truck?" he asked him, and when he did, Shawn's eyes went wide "uh..I left it at the all valley arena, I realized with my sling I couldn't drive so I thought I'd uber and when I could finally drive again I was gonna and pick it up so I'll probably go get it tomorrow." he shared, as his dad nodded "alright, you did good today." he told him, patting him on the shoulder, Shawn chuckled "thanks." he told him, as he walked away from him, he headed upstairs, he walked down the hallway and as he did, he saw that Sam's door was halfway open as he knocked on it "hey, Sam?" he asked her.

And as he did, he saw Sam quickly look up from her phone, making him sigh "Sam, if it's about Miguel.." he told her, as Sam shook his head "I can't believe he and Hawk did that to you." she told him, as Shawn huffed "Sam." he told her as he walked further in "I was not the best guy to Eli or Miguel everything they did to me was well justified after what I did to them." he shared "but why does it have to be like that? Why can't it just be you bully them and you stop and they move on, why does it have to be a fight?" Sam asked.