015. LEARNING TO BE THE BIGGER MAN

Chapter fifteen

"Learning to be the bigger man." 

Shawn's dad had put him in charge of training Demetri, as Shawn was walking back with a can of paint and a paint brush, Demetri was still where he left him after he told him he had to paint the whole fence "the whole fence? That's like twelve hundred square feet." Demetri shared "you didn't count in the other side." Shawn shared, as Demetri furrowed his brows and turned around, looking to the other fence, Shawn held the paint brush up "your the one who wanted to learn karate." he shared.

As Demetri sighed and grabbed the paint brush "oh, ok, I get it. Your teaching me muscle memory. Do it a bunch of times, develop unconscious karate technique's." he shared, as he put his hand on Shawn's shoulder "how about we just cut to the chase and you show me the moves?" he asked, holding the paint brush back out to him, Shawn raised his brows, bringing the paint can up and slamming it into Demetri's chest.

Demetri groaned, as Shawn turned around walking away from him, remembering how he got into this mess, because the day Demetri had come here, he had to mention to his dad how Shawn used to bully him, in which his dad had this bright idea that Shawn teaching him karate would make up for all that and possibly even help them get along, but the thing was, his dad didn't know Demetri and how annoying he could be.

Where the next day, Shawn stood on the deck, throwing punches and bringing his hands in the blocking formation, as he brought his left hand out palm facing up and went to kick his leg out, he then noticed Demetri wasn't following him like he told him to "I'm not exactly the most flexible." Demetri shared, as Shawn brought his hands down "I know that's not true because I shoved you in a locker." he shared "yeah and by the time you continued doing it to Eli, I just started putting myself in it to ease my pain. And I also have trouble maintaining balance." Demetri shared.

"Yeah, I remember dodgeball in gym, you were trying dodge but then you wobbled and before you fell over I threw a dodgeball right at your head, causing you to fall down." Shawn remembered, as Demetri held his arms out "disproportional limbs." he told him, as Shawn shook his head "alright, come on.." he told him, putting his hands on his shoulders and turning him around as he walked him off to do something else.

The next day, Demetri was on the latter, as Shawn held it steady, Demetri was painting the house "just move the paint brush side to side. It's not that hard." Shawn told him, as Demetri was barley doing anything as he sighed, bringing the paint brush down and turning to him "can I at least use a roller?" he asked him "don't make me knock you off this latter." Shawn told him, as Demetri raised his brows and turned back to the wall.

The next day, Shawn was standing on the deck, walking back and forth as he watched Demetri sand the floor "left circle, right circle. Your a nerd, I'm sure you know what a circle is and your right from your.." Shawn shared "ah! Ah!" Demetri voiced, as Shawn stopped and looked to him holding his hand "what did you do?" he asked him "splinter. Ah, it's a big one." Demetri shared, as Shawn huffed, throwing his arms out "that's nothing compared to a broken arm and a twisted ankle." he shared, as Demetri turned to him "I'm not one for confrontation." he informed him "really? Didn't catch that." Shawn told him, as he turned walking off.

The next day, the two were trying some meditation techniques as they stood their in silence, bringing their hands together, they brought them down in front of them as their eyes were closed, for once Shawn was surprised that Demetri had lasted this long without talking, cause he always seemed to have something to say, they then brought their hands out and then back in, as Demetri sighed, looking to him "how much longer are we doing this?" he asked, as Shawn dropped his arms and turned to him "my arms are getting tired and I've had to pee since before we started." Demetri shared "well you lasted longer then I thought you would." Shawn shared, as he turned walking off.