012. HELPING OUT A BEST FRIEND IN NEED

Chapter twelve

"Helping out a best friend in need." 

Shawn had driven him and Sam to Mr Miyagi's although when they got there, Sam furrowed her brows "okay, why does you truck keep making that rattling noise?" she asked, as Shawn raised his brows "um, it needs a new fuel pump." he told her, as Sam furrowed her brows "and why haven't you told mom or dad? They'd just buy it for you." she shared "because I am saving up for a new one. But I guess you wouldn't understand that seeing as you, um..don't have a job." Shawn told her, and as he did, Sam swung at him, as Shawn quickly opened the drivers side door and got out, shutting the door behind him.

Walking through the fence, Jackson headed into Mr Miyagi's house and out into the back, seeing Robby punching the punching bag "you seem enraged." he pointed out, as he stepped down onto the grass walking toward's him, Robby huffed "well I didn't exactly get a lot of sleep last night." he shared, punching the punching bag, Shawn furrowed his brows, not sure if that was what it was but before he could say anything else, his sister's voice filled his ears "look, Miguel.." she said, as him and Robby turned their attention to her.

"I can't talk right now. Can you just tell Aisha to call me back?" Sam asked as she hung up the phone, Robby went back to punching the punching bag, as Shawn scoffed "well that name wasn't one that I expected to hear out of your mouth unless it followed by the words hate or despise." he shared, crossing his arms "I thought it was Aisha." Sam told him "I don't care. The second that you heard him talking you should've hung up the phone rather than keep talking that's how they reel you back in. And I would know because Yasmine when she'd break up with me would text me non stop until I'd talk to her in person and then before I knew it, I was back together with her. You can't let that happen to you." Shawn shared.

As their dad then came walking over "hey, guys. All right, perfect attendance on day one." he said, as walked down from the deck, the three turned to him "so, what's our first lesson?" Sam asked him "you'll see." their dad said, as he turned to Robby and Shawn "follow me." he told them, motioning himself, as he turned around walking off "come on." he told Sam, waving for her to follow as he began walking around the house, Sam, Shawn and Robby followed him.

Where when they were standing out front, their dad put a bag down in front of them and cut it open with his pocket knife as he began pouring it out in a circle "if we're gonna play in the sand can't we just got the beach?" Sam asked "no, not today." their dad told them as he looked up at them and put his pocket knife away "it's been a long time since this dojo has had more then one student. And you figure with three people, you'd have triple the defense, right?" he asked "well, yeah." Shawn told him "wrong. One of the corner stones of Miyagi do karate is always moving in a circle. And with the wheel technique, you'll soon see that three people can be as strong as twenty. Now, are you ready?" their dad asked them.

"Yes, Mr LaRusso." Robby told him "let's do this." Sam told him, as Shawn furrowed his brows "yeah, but do we do exactly? Cause I don't know about anyone else but to me this just looks like a circle of sand." he shared "just..just get in the circle.' their dad told them, as the three did so, finding a corner so they weren't on top of each other "face me. Bow." their dad told them, as the three looked to him and bowed "face each other. Bow." their dad said as Robby and Sam turned looking at Shawn as they all bowed to each other.

The three were facing each other as they brought their arms down and to their sides, they then brought them up again and then out, as they brought their arms out to the left, they then threw a punch as they brought that arm up "nice." their dad told them as they threw a punch again and brought it up and then brought one arm up and the other across their chest "now, show me the wheel." their dad told them, as they all turned and kicked their legs out as they began going clockwise "no, no, no. You three have to be perfectly in sync. Or this technique doesn't work." their dad shared.