Vacation Turned Into a Tournament

It's July.

Our summer vacation has started and we're in the Pacific, not a single piece of landmass in sight.

We were told to bring a party of 6 with us and I did just that.

Bringing Marshadow was something I was indecisive about, because I'd rather Marshadow be a last resort or a secret weapon of some sort.

There are more than a few reasonings for this:

I want to develop the rest of my Pokémon on the team

I don't want to become dependent on one Pokémon

The cruise has been moving for around 5 days and it's got everything that a high school student would ever need and it's all free of charge, which is something I can be thankful for.

However, there are no Poké marts or any Poké centers, furthermore the use of Pokémon is restricted to students, which is understandable, because there is not a secure place to catch or fight with Pokémon, added by the fact we're on a ship, which might be at risk of getting damaged.

The sun was brighter and more potent than ever, as I was laying on the beach chair, cold drink in hand.

I was hoping for some solitude and maybe enjoying this peaceful day, but I wouldn't be so lucky.

"Ahhhh, where are the girls, not just girls, girls in their bikinis!?" exclaimed Ike as blood would come out of his eyes, I'd get that checked out.

"Who cares about girls, I'm all about Horikita, speaking of Horikita, what's her given name Ayanokouji?" asked Sudou.

"It's Suzuki."

"Of course it is, what a beautiful name, Suzuki, Suzuki..." murmured Sudou to himself.

"There is no way that Horikita's first name is from a car company, dumbass." Ike started to hold back his laughter.

Yamauchi was full on laughing and smacking Sudou on the back.

Sudou was getting angrier by the second, I thought it was best to rest his worries.

"Ah, my bad, I'm certain Horikita's given name is Suzune."

"For real?" asked Sudou.

"For real real."

"Suzuki was a shit name anyway, Suzune way better."

"You were just swooning around about her given name being Suzuki." said Yamauchi smugly..

Sudou would flick his fingers on both Ike's and Yamauchi's foreheads.

"What did you hit me for!?" said Ike, rubbing his forehead.

"You know, I was just hoping for some pastime activity, because I can't play basketball here..."

"I'm just kidding, stop Sudou, STOP!" exclaimed Ike.

"You're being awfully loud, you're disturbing everyone else here, do you not have any self-respect or self-awareness?"

"Horikita and Kushida-chan!?" exclaimed Ike.

"This seems like a fun bunch, can we join you?" asked Kushida.

We were joined by an odd duo, what did Kushida have to be able to coerce Horikita to join her?

Sudou would be a lot more stiff after Horikita would join us, although she didn't look happy to be there, but to be fair, she always looks like that. She should practice smiling for a chance, wait a second...

"S-sure, join us Kushida-chan and Horikita." said Yamauchi.

Horikita would be oblivious to being not as warmly welcome as Kushida, but looks like Sudou is staring daggers at Yamauchi, he'd get punished accordingly later.