Immovable Object vs Unstoppable Force

The day's come and I couldn't be more excited.

I've been given an opponent who destroyed Horikita, which is something that I could probably accomplish, but Class A's Sakayanagi and Ryuen would probably lose 1-3 Pokémon, depending on the matchup, against Horikita so it's still really impressive in my eyes.

The battle with Paul was difficult, don't get me wrong, if I didn't make any swaps during the battles I would've definitely lost a Pokémon, it was inevitable.

If I win against Alain, my next opponent would be Ryuen or Sakayanagi, the semi finals can be either Brock, Drake, Ichinose or Ibuki.

There's no point in thinking about the future, I've got to live in the moment and enjoy myself today, who knows how long my days in ANHS will last.

~Pokémon of the Elite~

"LADIES AND GENTLEMAN, WELCOME TO THE POKÉMON SUMMER INTER CUP, WE'VE MADE IT TO THE LAST 16 AND TO KICK IT OFF, WE'VE GOT SAKAYANAGI ARISU, THE FINEST OF CLASS A AND IN THE OPPOSITE CORNER IS THE PERSON, NICKNAMED BY THE BOOKMAKERS AS THE TO BE 'DAVID THAT SLAYS GOLIATH' RYUEN KAKERU!"

The monitor of the arena would broadcast the preview of the battle, but it's time to head to the platform and be ready for my own battle to come.

The platform would rise yet again and I'd be greeted by the face of Alain, he's got jet black hair, blue eyes and a blue scarf.

"NOW ANOTHER BATTLE, THIS ONE BEING THE MOST GIVE OR TAKE GAME OF THE LAST 16, BOTH TRAINERS ARE YET TO LOSE A POKÉMON, BUT WILL THAT TREND CONTINUE TODAY. ON THE LEFT CORNER, WE'VE GOT ANHS' UNDERDOG, EVER SINCE THE MATCH-UP AGAINST PAUL SHINJI, HIS STOCKS ARE ONLY RISING, GIVE IT UP FOR THE IMMOVABLE OBJECT, AYANOKOUJI KIYOTAKA!" announced the commentator.

The crowd would scream when the commentator finished his hype building, my ears are quite sensitive so I'd rather wish they were less quiet.

I'd also look in the crowd and see some of my classmates supporting me, although most seem to be bandwagoning because of Hirata and Kushida, but it's better than nothing.

Can't help but internally sigh at the earlier comment given by the commentator, I wasn't really expecting to have a nickname, this draws all sort of attention to me, there's no going back after this tournament, I'll be in the limelight no matter what.

The 2nd and 3rd years won't stay quiet after this, but I'll cross the bridge when I come to it.

"AND IN THE RIGHT CORNER WE'VE GOT THE KALOS POKÉMON TRAINER INSTITUTE'S LAST BEACON OF HOPE, IN ALL HIS TENURE AT HIS SCHOOL, HE'S YET TO LOSE A SINGLE POKÉMON AND HE'S CARRIED THAT HOT STREAK INTO THE POKÉMON SUMMER INTER CUP, GIVE IT UP FOR THE FLARE ACE, ALAIN ALAN!" the commentator finished hyping.

The crowd would yet again go wild and he's got a lot of female support it seems, by the crowd's reaction he's slightly favored it would seem, although the difference is miniscule.

The referee would come to the middle of the field and start drawing a battlefield.

"The battlefield today will be an abandoned city!"

The ground would disappear to the ground and would reappear as an abandoned city, with buildings, hydrants and all of the sort, although the buildings would have many holes in them and would have signs of decay.