Chapter 10: Rejuvenation of a Single Mom

The road of a single mom is never easy. Many of them have been through many hardships and have faced many losses of opportunities. One of the biggest challenges they face is finding love again due to a formal significant other; Either leaving or running away from facing reality. I can say one thing to all the single moms all over the world; You are beautiful in many ways that words can explain. Let's hear the voice of Sandra.

Sandra

Oh my how do I start my story off, I can say this I don't ask for people to feel sorry for me or feel I am a burden to myself or others because I am here and I am proud to say I am one proud momma. I went through depression and was unhappy; I use to smoke heavily but I am glad I stopped. Being a Lab Technician I could not bare for my daughter to watch me suffer through life.

When Sandra met Darryl at the age of twenty-two falling in love and thinking everything was perfect. She thought she would have it all being so young, having money, kids and a house which is every woman's dream but that dream turned into a nightmare. When she found out she was pregnant with Darryl's baby; He immediately became overwhelmed and in denial of the news. Worried that his image would be tarnished of his salesmanship of a BMW dealership and his family, he did not want nothing to do with it; So he grabbed all his stuff and left her being six months.

Two years had passed since that incident, so where is she now? She had finally graduated in her Lab Technician course of working graveyard shifts and taking care of her daughter Joy with her mother and father being by her side of the struggling journey; She was ready to start fresh. During her apprenticeship program and being the top of her class she was offered a job right away to work at the hospital; She immediately accepted.

As years went by she bought her daughter anything she wanted and even enrolled her in preschool. She even started to get herself back in shape and get rid of all her bad habits including smoking. Going to the gym more often, she notices the changes of body aside her hips and thighs but she was staring at them long and hard but she knew being a mom was all about embracing herself. Did she love the new her with the highlights of her hair, fitting in nice tight yoga pants and crop top. Feeling like a woman of dominants.

When she invited her friends over for dinner, she had not seen them since graduation wearing tighter clothing, dying her hair blonde and getting her nails done. Her friends were astounded to see the new her and did she ever stand out better than ever. Having drinks and a great meal, sharing funny moments and memories she knew she was long overdue for fun.

Then one day, while being at the gym she noticed Angus working out with his curly brown wavy hair, pale skin, tall and masculine look she wasn't sure if he would be Scottish decent. Whatever descent he was she couldn't take her eyes off him, as he lifted his shirt up to wipe the sweat off his face and had a glimpse of his abs. Angus catching her; Him saying hi and Sandra immediately responds saying hi. Asking him if he was going to use the dumb bells in front of him and his reply was "I am done with them." He handed it to her nicely feeling his strong hands staring at his eyes.

Angus

I will give her credit being young, single and beautiful as well. I needed to have a conversation throughout my workout but one thing I do know most women don't like to be interrupted while working out. I guess they think we are pigs or being perverted; Not me I was just looking for a lady to have a connection with. I saw no ring on her so that was a sign of being lonely. I have noticed she hits the gym very hard, arriving the same time as I do and I was shy at first because I didn't know what she was going through all I can say I did respect when I first saw her.

Sandra

Oh my goodness I was just a little embarrassed when he had caught me but I do give him a lot of respect for being a gentleman and just being so respectful to me. I will admit I wasn't ready to see anyone at the time but even sometimes as a single mom you have to open new doors; Otherwise, you will never be happy.