Peggy

Episode Six:  Bully in the Alley

She had this feeling.  This really bad feeling.  Elizabeth woke up in the middle of the night with it.  She wasn't having an attack, surprisingly.  However, she felt like something was wrong.  So she got dressed and went to the hospital. 

She should have known that something was off, because Edward wasn't at his post.  The blonde guard was always right beneath her spiral stairwell.  Bur he wasn't.  And that was bad.

To Elizabeth, if the Foxes' personal guards had been called into town, either Gaines had ordered a seize, or the rebels were attacking.  Elizabeth hoped it was the former. 

"Eliza!" A voice hissed.  The mentioned girl turned to see her older sister running towards her.  "Where's Ed?"

The younger of the two sighed.  "That's what I'm going to figure out.  I got this horrible feeling.  I think something happened at the hospital, Belle."

The brunette nodded solemnly, her lips pressed into a thin line.  "I, as well." Before she could speak, a voice called to them.  "Belle! Eliza!"

Both immediately knew who it was.  "Go back to bed, Fanny." They said in unison.

"No! I want to see Sneedy!  I'm coming with you both." The redhead climbed from her second story balcony and landed with a thud.  Elizabeth held in a snort.

"Alright then."

With that, the three Fox sisters snuck into the town.

When she got to the hospital, it was full.  Countless people were either bleeding uncontrollably, or moaning in pain. 

Another thing that Elizabeth noticed, was that there were guards everywhere.  "What in the bloody hell is going on?!" She screamed.  Everyone looked at her. 

Hetty came running up to her.  "Thank goodness.  Elle, We need you to set a man's dislocated shoulder. Lady Belle, distract the guards from coming into the patients' ward, please.  Lady Fanny," she sighed.  "Go see Sneed."

Fanny squealed and immediately left, and Belle went to talk to the guards.

Elizabeth went with Hetty.  "Okay, what the in the bloody hell happened?"

The nurse sighed.  "Gaines ordered all the guards to storm Rotty's Place.  Seven men are dead and from the looks of it, at least ten more will follow." 

Elizabeth gasped.  "Did-"

"Yes, Edward killed a man."
Elizabeth gasped again, tears freely falling from her face.  "Why....Who...What-"

"It was an old geezer, but he still had a family.  A wife and two little girls."

Elizabeth choked down a sob, which made the mixed woman reach for her hand and squeeze it.