Mrs. Artful Dodger

Riding clothes, as Elizabeth had come to find out, were the easiest to get blood out of

Riding clothes, as Elizabeth had come to find out, were the easiest to get blood out of. She thanked God that she remembered to wear them.

She had just finished a leg amputation on a sailor and was headed to a meeting to welcome Jack back into the hospital. She had bribed Prof into giving him his position back.

"Lady Elizabeth, we've been waiting for you." Sneed smirked, grabbing her hand to kiss it. Before he could though, she twisted his wrist, causing the man to yelp in pain.

"Oops." She laughed. Fagin snickered from the corner.

The strawberry blonde laid a '29 cognac on McGregor's desk.

The old man turned to Jack, who had been half-asleep. "Jack! Welcome back!" The blonde snapped out of his tiredness and smiled.

Rainsford tried to protest. "What? But-"

"Dr. Fox will show you back upstairs to your room, which she kept intact."

Sneed tried to protest again, but Fagin shoved a biscuit into his mouth.

————

"I cleaned a little. And bought you new sheets, but if you don't like them-" Elizabeth was cut off by lips on hers.

"I love you." Jack breathed into her mouth. She grinned into the kiss.

"I love you too. I missed you." She sighed.

"So did I." He whispered has he took her into his arms, hugging her to him. "I thought for sure that you hadn't made it. Your face was so pale..."

"Shh." She soothed. "You know me better than that. I'm too stubborn to die."

"Thank God for that." He kissed her again, softer than before. Their lips molded together perfectly, as if they had been made to fit each other's.

Elizabeth deepened the kiss soon after, earning a soft groan from Jack. She didn't even realize they were moving across the room until the back of her knees hit the side of the mattress.

"I love you."

"I love you."

————

"Woah." Elizabeth muttered as she laid in bed, her naked body covered with the wrinkled sheets. Jack chuckled, playing with their intertwined hands.

"I'm glad you enjoyed yourself." He whispered into her temple. She nodded.

"That's an understatement." The Fox girl looked up at her lover, pecking his lips. "I'm glad I met you."

"We have Charlie to thank for this." He laughed.

"We'll have to thank him."

"For almost losing his leg?" He cackled.

She playfully punched his chest gently, earning a snort. 

Jack spoke up.  "I..... I wanted to ask you something-"

"Dodge! There's a lad with a bad case of crabs-....oh!"  Fagin burst into the room, making Elizabeth sit up and cover herself.

"Well, hello Fagin." She smiled sarcastically.

Jack groaned from beside her.  "We'll be down in a minute, Fagin."

The old man nodded and walked out of the room.  The strawberry blonde turned back to her lover.  "What were you going to ask?"

"Don't worry about it.  It's not important." He sighed. 

She would never say yes.

————

"I feel like we never have time together." Belle grumbled as she laid in bed with Edward.

"I know, darling.  I promise, once I get the hang of this Captain thing, I'll take some time off.  And you and I can spend all the time together we want."  He whispered as their hands played with each other's fingers.  "I love you, Bella."

"Likewise." She joked.  He rolled his eyes and kissed her head.

"Hey, I was thinking....we've known each other for years, and I've loved you for all of them.  So, I was wondering-"

"Belle! Guess what-...oh.  Sorry." Fanny smiled sheepishly.

The eldest Fox sister smiled.  "No worries.  What is it?"

"Oliver is coming back for me!" The redhead squealed and ran out of the brunette's room.

Belle groaned.  "Elizabeth is going to freak out.  Sorry, what were you going to say?"

"Oh, nothing.  I'll ask later.  You try to get Fanny to calm down." The blonde guard smiled.

It's not like she would want to anyways.

———-

(A/N): heyy.  So sorry I was away! Finals week is coming up so I wanted to crank out a chapter.  Sorry if it's crap.  Love ya'll

Don't be a silent reader!

Date: 5/8/24

Word Count: 699