Fifteen

I sit at my window staring out at the cold streets filled with men, women, and children who are navigating not only the concrete jungle of New York but probably their world that's collapsing as well. Wow that's dark... am I self projecting? 

I let go a sigh to release the tension built up in my body and the turmoil in my mind. The gears of my brain turned and turned all night at what happened at the Halloween party last night. I can't just forget what Jane did and him demanding that he takes me out. I'm still conflicted about the dual reality that we experienced and find myself wondering if it was just a dare to him. I wishfully wonder if his lips will ever touch my skin again or even my own lips. I don't want this for myself. I don't want to be the girl who has a crush on her boss or even worse, the disposable mistress of the boss. Because I turned in early I didn't get a chance to see Avana so I make my way towards her room. We're past the knocking stage so I gently open her poster filled door to find her aimlessly trying to grab her water bottle on the nightstand. She groans silently when her attempts to get the bottle fails and I chuckle softly. 

"What are you doing here?" she grumbles and I roll my eyes in response. I know exactly what's happening. She got way too wasted and is now extremely hung over. I pad towards her cabinet pulling out a small bottle of Advil. I hand her a pill with the bottle she's been trying to grasp for God knows how long. She sits up while taking the pill and bottle from me. "Thanks, you're my angel." 

"Stop being cheesy. Are you having a headache because if you don't you don't need that pill." 

"I feel like my brain is exploding or has exploded or whatever." I laugh at her delirious state. 

"So... did Sabin bring you home?" I probe. I told Avana and Blair that I was leaving early which Avana was devastated and offered to come with me. I wasn't going to ruin her night by dragging her home and assured her that she can stay with Sabin. At this point I think they're a couple but Avana hasn't mentioned anything yet. Blair ended up staying at the party as well.

"He did. Did you hear us?" Alana's face starts turning a slight shade of red. I don't understand why she would be embarrassed if I heard them coming in. 

"Coming in? Oh no. I slept kinda like a baby." 

"No not when we came in. Sabin and I did it last night." Avana starts whispering as if there's other people in the room. I'm pretty sure I would have mind not knowing that information. Another thought pops its way into my head with the new hot detail that Avana has just made me aware of. If she was drunk, why would they sleep together? 

"Were you both drunk, like was this okay?" I start becoming concerned and a bit fearful of the thought of Sabin taking advantage her. 

"Of course he wasn't drunk! He drove me home..... I was screaming so much when he asked me to be his girlfriend. We finally made it official!" By the time Avana is finished with her sentence my heart has been sprung back up to its rightful position in my chest from my ass. The way I thought this conversation was going I was ready to start throwing hands. 

"Oh my God! That's so exciting Avana. I'm very happy for you. I'm also relieved because I thought you meant that you and him had sex which would've been basically like him taking advantage of you since you were wasted." 

"Oh no, never. Sabin isn't like that. But are you okay? You said you didn't know that Jane was dared. I mean from your point of view, you were violated." 

"After knowing it was a dare, it wasn't a big deal. It was just a misunderstanding really." I reflect on how frustrated I had been with the whole thing. It didn't take me two seconds to get over it but at least I kind of am now.