001

"WAIT. WHERES WILL?"

"Something is coming. Something hungry for blood"

The group of four sat around the table in Mike Wheeler's basement a room they were all so familiar with, although anyone would be after a ten hour game of dungeons and dragons.

Will Byers, Mike Wheeler, Lucas Sinclair and Dustin Henderson played their game and Delilah Byers tried to stay engaged but the had other things on her mind.

"A shadow grows on the wall behind you, swallowing you in darkness. It is almost here.What is it?" Mike continued on with the story dramatically.

"What if it's the Demogorgon? Oh, Jesus, we're so screwed if it's the Demogorgon" Dustin panicked

"It's not the Demogorgon" Lucas rolled his eyes.

"An army of troglodytes charge into the chamber" Mike shouted.

"Troglodytes?" Dustin asked.

"Told ya" Lucas shrugged making the group laugh.

"Wait a minute" Mike distributed their laughter "Did you hear that? That... that sound?". He slammed his hand on the table making the figures shake.

"That didn't come from the troglodytes. No, that... That came from something else. The Demogorgon!" He acted out.

"We're in deep shit" Dustin threw his hands down on to the table.

"It's your action" Delilah turned to her brother.

"I don't know" Will told them.

"Fireball him!" Lucas clapped excitedly.

"I'd have to roll a 13 or higher" Will procrastinated.

"Too risky. Cast a protection spell" Dustin told him.

"Don't be a pussy. Fireball him" Lucas bickered with Dustin for a while before Mike smacked his hands down on the table again "The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering! It stomps towards you".

"Fireball him"

"Cast protection"

"He roars in anger"

Will shouted "fireball" before chucking the dice making them tumble off the end of the table.

"Shit" Delilah stood up to find the dice.

The group scrambled around, arguing.

"Mike" Mrs Wheeler shouted from the top of the basement stairs. Mike stomped up the stairs arguing with his mom "Mom, we're in the middle of a campaign".

"Oh, I got it!" Will picked up the dice "It was a seven"

"Did Mike see it?" Lucas asked, making Will shake his head "Then it doesn't count".

"Yo, hey, guys. Does anyone want this?" Dustin asked, holding up a pizza box. They all shook their heads in confusion but decided to let the boy get on with it anyway.

Delilah stood outside of the Wheeler house, she had one hand on the handle bar of her bike and the other stretched out so she could stare at the numbers that marked her skin. 010. She wondered what it meant.