002

"TEN?"

The group had decided to take the weird girl back to Mike's basement. They hadn't even realised she was a girl at first, her hair was buzzed, she looked almost bald.

"Is there a number we can call for your parents?" Mike asked her but she remained clueless.

"Where's your hair? Do you have cancer?" Dustin asked.

"Did you run away?" Lucas asked her. "Is that blood?" He jabbed her shirt with his pointer finger making her flinch.

"Stop, You're freaking her out" Delilah pushed him away.

"She's freaking me out" he complained.

"I bet she's deaf" Dustin clapped in her ear making her flinch "Not deaf".

"All right, that's enough, all right? She's just scared and cold" Mike stopped the two from poking and prodding her anymore.

"Here, these are clean. Okay?" Mike grabbed some clothes from a pile and handed them to her.

She stood up and attempted to take her clothes off in-front of them all.

"No, no, no!"  The group panicked.

"Oh, my God. Oh, my God" Dustin freaked out.

"See over there?" Mike pointed "That's the bathroom".

Delilah led the girl to the bathroom in the basement and attempted to shut the door on her but she stopped her before it could shut "no".

"So you can speak?" She smiled "okay, how about we keep it open halfway and I stand here so no one can see" she suggested.

"Yes" the strange girl nodded.

"This is mental" Dustin shook his head.

"At least she can talk" Mike shrugged.

"She said 'no' and 'yes'.Your three-year-old sister says more". Lucas frowned.

"She tried to get naked" Dustin reminded them.

"There's something seriously wrong with her. Like, wrong in the head" Lucas continued.

"She just went like.." Dustin motioned lifting up a shirt.

"I bet she escaped from Pennhurst" Lucas ignored Dustin.

"From where?" Delilah asked.

"The nuthouse in Kerley County" he explained "Seriously though, think about it. That would explain her shaved hair and why she's so crazy".

"Why she went like..." Dustin did the motion again.

"She's an escapee is the point. She's probably a psycho"

"Like Michael Myers" Dustin looked scared.

The boys argued for a while longer and Delilah zoned out in deep thought, thinking about if this girl was somehow connected to Will.

"All right, here's the plan. She sleeps here tonight. In the morning, she sneaks around my house,goes to the front door and rings my doorbell. My mom will answer and know exactly what to do. She'll send her back to Pennhurst or wherever she comes from.
We'll be totally in the clear. And tomorrow night, we go back out. And this time, we find Will" Mike explained.

"You really think she's psycho?" Dustin asked Lucas and he replied "Wouldn't want her in my house".

Lucas looked at Delilah "are you coming Del?". She shook her head "you go on without me".