017

"WAS THAT JUST AS FRIENDS TOO?"

Delilah zipped up her dress for the snowball, after closing the gate she had been confined to bed for a few days just from pure exhaustion. She basically slept for the whole two days but Mike didn't leave her side once, just kept telling her how proud he was.

Things had gotten better, she was now allowed to go to Hoppers cabin and see El whenever she wanted to. Will was back to his usual self again, the house was emptier without Bob making bad jokes and Joyce still wasn't completely over his death.

Delilah watched from the doorway while Joyce taught Will to slow dance and Jonathan recorded smirking.

"Yeah, you got it. See?" Joyce told Will.

"Mom!" Will laughed "Are you sure people
still dance like this?".

"Yeah. It's just what's happening" she told him smiling.

"Is it what's happening?" Will asked Jonathan.

"Yeah, yeah, it's what's happening" he laughed.

Delilah walked into the room, making herself known. Joyce smiled happily when she laid eyes on her "Jonathan, record your sister she looks amazing".

Dustin walked into the decorated school gym to meet with his friends. The first thing they noticed was his hair that had been styled unusually.

"Holy shit. What happened to you?" Mike asked him.

"What do you mean, What happened?" Dustin asked self consciously.

"What?" Mike asked.

"Your hair" Max told him.

Delilah struggled to keep a straight face "come on, it's not that bad".

"Is there a bird nesting in there?" Lucas asked while feeling through Dustin's hair.

"There's no bird nesting in here, asshole. Okay? I worked hard" he told them brushing through it.

Time after time started playing and people started to get into couples. Lucas turned to Max and smiled "Um, it's nice, right? You want to, um... You want to, like... You know? Like, just you and me?".

Max smirked  "Are you trying to ask me to dance, stalker?".

"No, of course not. Unless you want to?" he looked at her hopefully.

Delilah winked at Max, they had spoken on the phone the day before about this exact situation happening.

"So smooth. Come on" Max held her hand out to Lucas and they started to dance.

A girl approached Will "Hey, Zombie Boy.
Do you want to dance?".

"Um... I don't..." Will looked at Mike for backup but he just nodded and hit his shoulder. "I mean... I mean, yeah. Sure". Delilah gave the boy a thumbs up as he went to dance.

Dustin turned to the two who were still standing on the sidelines "Wish me luck, Mike and Del. I'm going in". He walked off to go and speak to a girl.

Mike and Delilah stood awkwardly watching everyone else dance when the girl's favourite song came on 'Every breath you take'.

Mike turned to the girl "Do you want to dance.. I mean as friends, right?".

She smiled at him and held out her hand "Come on, I love this song".

Mike placed his hands on her hips and she placed hers on his shoulders like everyone else had done.

"You look beautiful" Mike told her.

She smiled at him and looked into his eyes "Thank you, Mike. You don't look awful yourself".

They moved along again, copying the movements of everyone else around them.

"I think we've got it" she told him smiling. He smiled back at her, a real smile "yeah I think we do too".

Mike moved closer to the girl and looked at her lips for a little while before pressing them to his own. He looked at her after to see her reaction, a blush painted his face.

"Was that just as friends too?" Delilah asked him laughing.

"No, I think that was a little more than friends" he smiled back at her sweetly.

"I think I can live with that".