020

"GOOD,WE LIKE THE COLD"

Delilah, Max and El sat in Elevens bedroom, flipping through magazines. El stared at one in a daze. Max listened to the radio and sang along to the words while dancing.

"Oh, you found Ralph Macchio" Delilah smiled at El.

"Macchio?" She questioned.

"Yeah, he's the Karate Kid. Hai-yah!" Max did a karate chop on the bed making the other two girls giggle.

"He's so hot, right?" Delilah asked her.

"I bet he's an amazing kisser, too" Max added. "Hey, uh... is Mike a good kisser?" She asked Delilah.

"I mean, I think so. He's my first boyfriend" she explained

"Ex-boyfriend" Max reminded her "Hey, don't worry about it. Okay? He'll come crawling back to you
in no time, begging for forgiveness. I guarantee you, him and Lucas are, like, totally wallowing in self-pity and misery right now".

Delilah added "Yeah, They're like, Oh, I hope they take us back".

Max laughed "God, what I would give
to see their stupid faces".

El and Delilah looked at each other and smirked.

"What is it?" Max asked.

El took a blindfold and placed it over her eyes, putting the radio on static.

"Is this really gonna work? Holy shit, this is insane" Max laughed.

"Max" El reminded.

"Yeah, quiet. I'm sorry"

"I see them" El said after a while.

"What are they doing?" Delilah asked.

"Eating" she told them "They say we are species".

"What?" Delilah asked.

"Emotion, not logic" She added.

"What?" Max asked.

El ripped her blindfold off quickly, she looked genuinely scared for a second.

"What happened?" Delilah asked worriedly.

El burst into a fit of giggles and fell to the floor.

"What? What happened?" Max asked, laughing with her.

"Hey!" Hopper burst in all of a sudden "When I say three inches, three..."

"Do you knock? Jeez." Max rolled her eyes.

"Yeah! Jeez!" El copied her.

"Oh, hey. I'm sorry. I thought that, uh..." Hopper paused.

"Mike's not here" Delilah told him.

"Max and Del wanted to have a sleepover. Is that... okay?" El asked him.

"Yeah. Yeah. Yeah. Your parents know about it?" He asked Max, not bothering to ask Delilah as she was always there.

"Yup" Max told him.

"Uh, yeah, it's cool. Yeah. That's... That's really cool" he stood there for a while, analysing.

"Did you need something?" Max asked.

"No, no. Uh, I'll leave. I'll just let you... I'll leave you"
Hopper left the girls to do their thing.

"Holy shit, I can't believe we're really doing this" Max laughed as they put the empty coke bottle on the board of names.

"Mr. Wheeler" Delilah read out.

"Ugh. Boring" Max rolled her eyes "Spin again".

"Against the rules?" El asked.

"We make our own rules" Max smiled at her and she spun again.

"Billy" they read out.

"Okay, look, I should just warn you, if he's with a girl
or doing something gross, just get out of there right away before you're scarred for life" Max told her.

"Max..." El spoke.

"No, I'm just saying, I'm serious. He's really gross" she continued.

"Max!" El interrupted her.

"Okay, shutting up now" Max laughed.

El put the blindfold on and concentrated for a while before telling the girls "I found him".

"What's he doing?" Max asked.

I don't know. He's... on the floor... Talking to someone" she told them.

El gasped and ripped the blindfold from off of her face, hyperventilating.

"What is it?" Max asked.

"What happened?" Delilah asked her.

The next morning, Max and El decided they were going to go and check on Billy to make sure there was definitely nothing wrong.

Delilah reluctantly left them to go and check on Hallie who left early the day before. She knocked on the girls door and she answered, she looked paler than usual.

"Hey, Del" Hallie smiled, opening the door and leading her up to her bedroom.

Hallie sat down on her bed and Delilah put a record in the record player, her favourite song, Every breath you take.

"Hallie, are you okay? You don't look too well" Delilah asked her friend worriedly.

"I just saw something.. don't worry it sounds crazy, you'll think I'm stupid" she shook her head in response.

"Try me. Believe me whatever you've got, I've seen worse" Delilah told her seriously.

"It's nothing really" she smiled flatly.

Delilah noticed the other girl's bedroom door was open even though it was raining and thundering outside. She got up to shut it but Hallie grabbed her arm, making her jump.

"No" Hallie told her.

"Halls? It's freezing" Delilah questioned her.

"Good, we like the cold" Hallie told the girl with a straight expression, leaving a shiver down Delilah's spine. Hallie still had a hold of Delilah's arm.

"Hallie? Please let go, you're scaring me" She asked her.

"There's nothing to be afraid of, Del. It's all going to be just fine" she smiled brightly but it wasn't a Hallie smile.